Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
for gods sake he played 40 games last season
And missed 15 through injury.

Considering he currently has a dislocated knee, and missed the full 13/14 season with a compressed spine i don't think it's crazy to worry about his fitness record, especially given our luck with injuries, added to the injury record of the team (bayern) lead by our new coach. I think it's logical to be wary.

And missed 15 through injury.

Considering he currently has a dislocated knee, and missed the full 13/14 season with a compressed spine i don't think it's crazy to worry about his fitness record, especially given our luck with injuries, added to the injury record of the team (bayern) lead by our new coach. I think it's logical to be wary.
well if he can give us 40 games next season then i will be good with that

I'm not saying he has a weakness ala Kompany, but he without question misses too many games for my liking currently.

I think he could be brilliant for us, but he doesn't solve our midfield problem if we don't have an adequate alternate playing his role if/when he is injured.
He has had two unrelated somewhat fluke injuries. I am strongly in the camp that we are getting the steal of the window.

Well from those replies I'm a lot more excited over this now as he's over long-term/recurring injuries and can stay fit. If he plays a role similar to Modric then that would immediately put us up a notch, we've always seemed to lack someone like that - that can hold the midfield, keep possession and find passes (Yaya could against smaller teams but couldn't do it against bigger teams in Europe due to his poor work-rate). If Ferna can improve his ability to maintain possession in passing then they'll be a perfect compliment to each other.

The only question I find myself asking about Pep's team - where does Silva fit in?

Silva will be like Robben/Ribery in that good on their day but will slowly start to be phased out/not start as often as we're used to seeing.

Sterling,KDB, Gudogan and hopefully Sané are the future to build around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.