Pellegrini opens up about City

If instead of hate people posted enthusiastic comments with the same zeal, they would get bannd for WUMing!

Good old Bluemoan!

He won as more domestically than Mancini and the same as Mercer in less seasons with a better win ratio.

Mercer won the league, the FA Cup, the League Cup and the ECWC in 3 seasons. If you consider his six whole seasons you have to add in a Division 2 title.

Pellegrini won the league and 2 league cups in 3 seasons, but maybe Mercer isn't as good because it took him 3 whole seasons to win the league starting from Div 2. If we had given him a couple more seasons there is a fair chance that Pellegrini would have had the chance to add the Div 2 title to his CV.

I have a lot of time for Pellegrini, i know others do not but each to their own and all that eh.
Correct, and they'll be calling for pep's head when city have failed to meet their expectations.
They must be fantastic work colleagues, no i in team sort of people. Perhaps not

I can't see how anyone watching us since Xmas 2013 can legitimately defend him and assume that because he dead-batted the media's thirst for 'stories' and refused to go around bad mouthing his peers, people are labelling it as 'class' and are therefore allowing more leniency in their judgement because he was a 'nice guy'.

For example, the stat about winning more than Mercer, like any of our previous managers have had the embarrassment of assets both on the field and behind the scenes that we afford now. As if in anyway Mercer v Pellegrini is comparable or justifiable when given context.

He'd served his purpose after 6 months and i only hope our fawning over Guardiola will now pay off. For the first time post takeover, all the pieces of the jigsaw are in place, and just in time as our 24 months of treading water and the increase in TV rights money has allowed many teams around and below us to strengthen.

You can't take too much from the article but you can assume

1. He didn't think announcing pep was a good idea in hindsight; his decision and poor judgement I'm afraid, should have consulted more broadly, arrogant man.
2. We were not playing 'his way'; again on him I'm afraid, his team, selections and tactics, if it wasn't working, change it
3. He still thinks his tenure was good; pointing to stats to prove his point rather than the trophy cabinet is pretty poor imo

Wish you well MP but relieved you have gone, good luck

Mercer won the league, the FA Cup, the League Cup and the ECWC in 3 seasons. If you consider his six whole seasons you have to add in a Division 2 title.

Pellegrini won the league and 2 league cups in 3 seasons, but maybe Mercer isn't as good because it took him 3 whole seasons to win the league starting from Div 2. If we had given him a couple more seasons there is a fair chance that Pellegrini would have had the chance to add the Div 2 title to his CV.

City came 13th in 1969 (10th in 1970) and the fans would have turned on him by today's standards and he would have been sacked by December 1968. I'm not saying he wasn't great for City, just showing the vitriol against Pellegrini is a bit pathetic.

Yeah, pointing out that we were the best team over 3 years is ridiculous, and entirely based on the fact that his biggest rival each year has fallen away massively in the subsequent years. But put it this way. He won the league by 2 points, but then lost it by 8 points and lost it again by 15 points. Not winning the league is acceptable, especially if you win cups instead. But not even challenging for the league isn't. And that's basically what's happened over the last 2 years.

Incidentally, I had the same criticism of Mancini the year after his title-winning season. Win narrowly and then lose badly seems to have been the pattern of both managers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.