Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's more advanced than stones and by some distance. good comparison though as they can both actually play football, they don't hoof it, usually without success, up field hoping a blue shirt might get to it. Lapotre has one major asset over all comers, he has impeccable timing, timing in the mould of Moore, Hansen and M'c Grath. will he get to that level? only one way to find out, team him up with the best coach in the world.

I've never really followed him in particular even though seeing Bilbao play on numerous occasions but looked him up a fair bit since we have been linked & based on that, he does look a class act in the way you say.

Like to study him in more 'warts n all' situations but he does appear to be a level above Stones from the stuff I've managed to track down, & looks to have a nice turn of covering pace, which I didn't notice when seeing him in a full game.

I could see why Pep might want the pair of them to play from the back.

Thanks for the input gents,he sounds like the centre half we have been craving for some time.

The Stones partnership,or even 3 with Kompany,is an exciting prospect.

The question for me with defenders like Laporte who are incredibly composed and technically very good footballers - is how they cope with the hustle, bustle, and relentless nature of the PL.

Still goes without saying that for the last few years with the exception of Varane at Madrid, Laporte's been the defender all the top clubs have coveted.

I know Exeter Blue is a bit of a dinasour on these matters ;-) but I do have some sympathy for the idea that in the Prem you need some Pepperami type players, centre back being the prime example. However, I also like the idea of something approaching a total football approach, with two cultured CB's at the base. As long as these boys have courage, the can always do a bit of tailored extra work down the gym to ensure they have strength in the right places.

The question for me with defenders like Laporte who are incredibly composed and technically very good footballers - is how they cope with the hustle, bustle, and relentless nature of the PL.

Still goes without saying that for the last few years with the exception of Varane at Madrid, Laporte's been the defender all the top clubs have coveted.
Everyone raved about Nastasic yet I knew from day 1, and said on here, that he was never going to be good enough.

Everyone raved about Nastasic yet I knew from day 1, and said on here, that he was never going to be good enough.
I saw Tony Vaughan's debut in a pre-season friendly at Blackpool. I knew straight away he was going to be fucking wank!

The best thing about Laporte is how much top level experience he's got.

4 seasons of football already, 109 la liga games at 22.

Compare that to Stones who's played 77 league games, or Bailly who's played 40.

And he's got experience against some of the best teams in the world with 20 odd games against Real and Barcelona.

He's also got Champions League experience and played LB as well in the early days.

Football will always win out, irrespective of the league. If you have players good enough to move the ball quickly
and intelligently they take the physicality out of the game. The days of teams bulldozing others are gone.
Mainly due to the officiating, i must admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.