N'Golo Kante

Kante is one player who I want so much that I'll take whatever sliver of hope there is around that we're in for him! ;)

He also tweeted that the main interest is to stop him going to a major rival, which makes sense. We could manage without him, but him at Arsenal would be a nightmare if they get another striker as well

He also tweeted that the main interest is to stop him going to a major rival, which makes sense. We could manage without him, but him at Arsenal would be a nightmare if they get another striker as well

I'm not sure how we could not have interest of our own regardless of who else is in for him. That's why that anonymous tweet stinks of bollocks. He's better than Fernando, and arguably on a par with Fernandinho only much younger. He would compliment Gundogan really well. For me it's a no brainer that we should be trying to sign him.

I do not think we need to sell anyone to get anyone. Sure we need to balance the books eventually but we aren't forced to sell anyone to sign someone.

I'm not sure how we could not have interest of our own regardless of who else is in for him. That's why that anonymous tweet stinks of bollocks. He's better than Fernando, and arguably on a par with Fernandinho only much younger. He would compliment Gundogan really well. For me it's a no brainer that we should be trying to sign him.

I rate him, however, I understand why we think we might not need him. But that's assuming he stays at Leicester or goes to PSG etc. Definitely don't want him at a title rival (sorry Leicester, but lightening doesn't strike twice)

No he doesn't. He's as good on the ball as any destructive midfielder. He isn't Pirlo but his passing is accurate and has a good range. He can beat a man and breaks rapidly. He'll be the best central midfielder in the league for years.
What about when his drugs wear off?

You underrate his passing intelligence. He may not have the pure range or vision of someone like Pirlo, but equally and something which I think Pep would hold in equal importance, is the intelligence to know which pass to pick and when to pick it. Kante does that everywhere on the pitch.

You make a good point mate, but remember when we spoke a few weeks ago about the importance of the CDM in a Pep side, Kante's passing range isn't good enough for that. Don't get me wrong he's an excellent player, but I think he's just too limted.

Anonymous says we are interested but we need to sell before we can buy .....are we that poor or is anonymous just a twat ....

I think he talking about midfield squad numbers, not from a money stand point....I not a big fan of this "anonymous" guy and take his stuff with a pinch of salt but agree that if we going to buy another midfield player with the current list in the squad...having a place for a guy like Kante, would be difficult....I personally hope we go after this guy, think he'd go great in a Pep midfield next to Gundogan.....cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.