EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But we won't save money, we'll lose money because we'll miss out on so many of the benefits of being in the EU and I reckon the EU will make a point of being hard to work with, with us, because they won't want others to leave so negotiating our own trade like Norway do won't happen because if it's that easy for us it'll be that easy for everyone else and in the end many will leave the EU.

We will be a poorer country if we leave

I understand what you mean, but in the end they can't afford to be a pain to us either. We import a lot off them. They won't want us to stop buying the same amounts because of the impact on their economy. We could save money on trade agreements with other countries; are fastest growing markets are India, China, South Korea and the US. None of which we have trade agreements with. Switzerland have negotiated around 35 trillion worth of trade agreements, but the EU only opens up 5 trillion to us.

I genuinely believe trade is one of the most arguments to leave the EU; they will always need to trade with us, we're interdependent, that's globalisation. Our trade with the EU has been declining year on year as a % of our total trade, it's becoming more irrelevant, it's the worlds only stagnant trade bloc. The old man is a CEO for a business and half of their trade is with the EU, with the rest mainly US and China, he knows it won't affect them that much if we leave.

Much more compelling reasons are the financial services etc...

That is extremely offensive to people who risked their lives and in the case of quite a few of my forefathers died fighting or in the case of pacifist risked life and limb to save comrades , but I doubt you meant it as offensively as it could be taken. They fought precisely so Europe could be peaceful , tolerant and strongly against the ideology of people like Farage.

Seeing as I am behind by 30 pages or so I assume that you have had been appropriately blasted for this disgusting post. Just how the fuck dare you post as if you have some right to speak as if you know the views of all those brave people that fought the wars - you arrogant and pompous fuckwit.

Really - did you have detailed conversations with your forefathers years ago where you discussed the possibility of a Brexit and garnered their views - I think that you are offensive to their memory by treating their sacrifices so casually just to support your blathering on an internet forum.

I was just speaking to my dad earlier as it is fathers days - so I can tell you the view of a real person that fought - rather than some view you invent.

It would be that you can fuck right off - or go bury your head even further up your arse than it already seems to be.

In all fairness I do vaguely remember my grandad pulling me to one side in the 80's and saying " listen son if in 30 years time we have uncontrolled immigration embrace it, it's why I fought in Burma to give Romanians the chance of a cleaning job"

That made me laugh out loud. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.