EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just voted, and done the yougov exit poll on the way out. The vast majority I've spoken to at work is voting out, but we'll definitely remain. The reason I think we'll remain is fear. The Jocks voted to stay in the union due to the fear of going it alone, and I think the country will do the same with this vote - scared of change. Also, the Remain camp done a decent job of playing the racism card against the other side. Just like 'It's a Knockout' they waited until right at the end, then came out with the racism card. Fair play!

they only played the racism card because a lot of the leave campaigning was racist.
if you dont want to be called a racist, dont say racist things

Not sure I fully understand why having a points system like in Oz to ensure immigration has a positive benefit to the country is racist

Jean-Claude Juncker was voted in by the European Parliament who are in turn made up of the MEPs that you are eligible to vote for. He has a term for 5 years and then goes. He was voted in Nov 2014. Arguably more democratic than the positioning of Cameron (whose leadership of the tories was a private ballot) and who i have never voted for and yet is making decisions for me.
In fact people who want him out but live in areas that have high tory support, or even his own constituency, will never get the chance, so much for British democracy. You cannot dethrone Cameron.

van Rompuy is the ex leader of the European Council, now run by Donald Tusk. The council is separate from the EU. He had his own advisors or in British terms a cabinet. His position is also rotated hence Donald Tusk now doing the job. He was voted in by the European council who were the heads of state. Again, those heads of state are voted for by you.

So, as the democratic principle is of paramount importance to you, you can rest easy knowing that your vote is in there, somewhere, just like everyone elses, including those that have different views from you, but the principle stands.

To vote Remain is the democratic right of anyone, to call it indefensible is to argue against democracy.
When will the results be in later tonight or tomorrow morning?

Start at 10pm ish. should be clear by 3/4am. Finalised at 8amish I think.

That's the answer to everything in the politicallycorrect UK now it's racist so we all have to shit ourselves and condemned whoever said something weather they are right or wrong

Should be a nice Remain victory in the end I think.

5%+ winning margin I would have thought.

Hopefully not too much crying from the losing side.

Should be a nice Remain victory in the end I think.

5%+ winning margin I would have thought.

Hopefully not too much crying from the losing side.

I hope you're wrong on the result (but suspect you'll be right) but it wouldn't bother me a great deal either way. Things will just go along as they have done. Nothing to get too upset about.

Because that's treating everyone the same. Remainers would prefer to treat Europeans differently to the rest of the world. And it's supposedly the leavers that are racist!

It's a good point that. One rule for EU citizens who want to move over here and an altogether stricter one for non-EU citizens. If that isn't discriminatory I don't know what is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.