Wales open top bus parade.

Actually, I don't want to be churlish — I admired Wales for their achievement as much as anyone, they certainly put England to shame — but this business of every tom, dick and harry performing the haka irritates me, too. Especially after a match in which, incidentally, you've been defeated! It's a nonsense. Nobody other than rugby players has any business doing it, and that's limited to New Zealand and, at a push, Fiji and Samoa.

Rubbish. Rugby didn't invent the haka, there's no excuse for this kind of ignorance - look it up ffs.

You should let them know how good the tournament needs to be for their celebrations to be justified next time.

Your comparison with England is ridiculous. We won the World Cup 24 years before we celebrated finishing 4th in it in exactly the same way as Wales did who got to the semi final of their first tournament for 58 years. We've got the richest league in the World, they've got Llandudno representing them in European competition.

They might have hurt your feelings by celebrating Iceland's win but let's not talk shit by claiming our Italia 90 was a bigger achievement than their Euros.
A shit Euros compared to a decent fully fledged WORLD cup(news flash this is much bigger deal with way more teams... Europe vs World! Which is bigger?)... do me a favor don't say something is ridiculous and then make a ridiculous comparison yourself that's just hypocrisy. Also it's nothing to do with feelings it's about respect and principals you put up with any shit you like pal and still get behind someone don't act like it means your any bigger for it(bigger mug maybe).

Last edited:
A shit Euros compared to a decent fully fledged WORLD cup(news flash this is much bigger deal with way more teams... Europe vs World! Which is bigger?)... do me a favor don't say something is ridiculous and then make a ridiculous comparison yourself that's just hypocrisy. Also it's nothing to do with feelings it's about respect and principals you put up with any shit you like pal and still get behind someone don't act like it means your any bigger for it(bigger mug maybe).
Respect and principles? What are you on about? Where is my ridiculous comparison? Are the Euros as big as the World Cup? No. Wales getting to the semi final though is every bit as big as England getting to the semis in 1990, which incidentally had 24 teams the same as these Euros.

One last thing, how exactly am I being made a mug of?

It's the disconnect between what they're saying and what they're doing. One minute Chris Coleman is saying this Wales team is right up there competing with the big boys in Europe and then they organise a bus top parade to celebrate the massive overchievment of getting as far as they did.

It's the disconnect between what they're saying and what they're doing. One minute Chris Coleman is saying this Wales team is right up there competing with the big boys in Europe and then they organise a bus top parade to celebrate the massive overchievment of getting as far as they did.
Yes but perhaps another way of looking at it is that the massive overachievement was actually getting up there and competing with the big boys as one of the last four and improving whilst in a competition environment.

The Welsh FA has been backing and developing this set of players for a while now, meaning that a group with relatively limited ability (albeit with two outstanding individuals) has overachieved in a major tournament because they were ready for it as a team.

If the Welsh FA wants to continue to improve the team then they have to attract more of the talented ball-playing athletes away from the odd-shaped ball and towards the round one. So I don't blame them at all for capitalising on the team's performance and homecoming; the national team has never had such a high-profile in Wales and these talented kids can start to think the round ball can also lead to international sporting success and recognition.

My Taffy mate is going on about how we celebrated like we won the World Cup in 1990, when the players arrived back at Luton from Italia 90. Funnily enough I've just watched the Gazza movie and he's right. Thousands outside the airport with the famous Gazza fake tits and beer belly suit on, on top of the bus.

Respect and principles? What are you on about? Where is my ridiculous comparison? Are the Euros as big as the World Cup? No. Wales getting to the semi final though is every bit as big as England getting to the semis in 1990, which incidentally had 24 teams the same as these Euros.

One last thing, how exactly am I being made a mug of?
Another half arsed comparison... out of how many in qualification? Listen you can say it as many times as you like but the Euros is easier to qualify for a start and there are less quality teams than you typically get in a world cup, it's is a lesser competition and that's a fact(not by a massive margin but worth stating)... because you get the best of Europe AND you get the best of the rest of the continents I would think that's common sense but you seem incapable of applying any. Wales being a less quality team that very rarely qualifies... ie by their own standards yes it's as big as an achievement if not more but I was comparing objectively.

All I've said was I have no problem with the fans enjoying it but the team acted like classless prats(they should be a little bit embarrassed by those small time antics if they consider themselves professionals)... so I didn't get behind them because they didn't deserve it. In my opinion they were reveling in the England teams and their fans disappointment.. anti English sentiments proudly displayed, IMO anyone getting behind them after being made aware of it(and most didn't see that vid, I imagine some might feel miffed if they fell for the medias "get behind the last remaining home nation team" push) is either a mug or possibly a sycophant(especially those aggressively defending them against anyone giving them anything but praise...) I've given them credit if you look through my posts but I'm not going to over do it for the reasons stated and I feel fully justified in that thankyou very much(where's the need to make a big deal out of anything I've said? It's no big deal)... at this point I don't think there's anything more to say on the matter(I was just voicing my opinion as you do)good night to you sir! :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.