United 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
They tried for Pep in 2012 and he couldn'to be arsed ringing whiskey nose back. You would have Jose down as third choice in the grand scheme of things with the piss can at it again going for dinner with Pocchetino a few months back. Then all of a sudden Daniel Levy gives him a new contract.

Jose was a panic appointment, a reaction to the fact we landed the best coach on the planet. Look at Pep's trophy count, look at Pep's win ratio, it's off the scale. Wherever he goes he wins, they can chuck the lazy quote that Pep has never been tested. Ripping up an average Barcelona side and getting rid of Ronaldhino and Deco showed balls and filling the team with youth players creating one of the best sides that ever played the game.

Pep left a legacy at Barca that is still there on view today with how they play football and dominate teams. Could you say that about Fergie? Dominated for years and when he left it all came crumbling down and went back to the time of being just another team when big Ron Atkinson was in charge.

Jose will be a step up in what they've had in the past, winning the league in 3 out of the 5 years he has been here is not to be scoffed at. Why does it always end up going wrong though? Chelsea should have dominated for years with the side they had the first time round, he showed a lack of preparation last pre season letting the players come back later than they should then the shit storm from Eva gate killed him. The guy is at last chance saloon fuck this up where else is there to go, he better be prepared.

Hate PEG with a passion but I think he will try to reinvent himself. He's prostituted himself for the job for years & wont want to fuck it up with the sort of shit storms he's been involved in last year.

Moyes & vG were utterly hopeless & GPC was in steep decline. PEG will know what to do. We missed our chance to leave them behind by not investing after 93-20. I don't like the idea of him being there one bit !!

Looks like Pogba is set for United. Madrid have pulled out. Fuck fuck fuck why can't we have just said fuck it and threw every single penny at juve to get him!!!!

I don't like the idea of him being there one bit !!

Really? I think it's magnificent. As has been mentioned by wiser footballing scholars than myself on here before, he's a short term fix: give it a year, maybe even two years, but it will eventually all come crashing down and Peg will walk away from the havoc he created and retire to sunnier climes somewhere. In the past when everything went tits up he'd walk out and turn up somewhere else after a short spell ready to repeat the procedure all over again. But he's older now, and he knows he has less options than he's ever had. Since his days at Porto, when -to all intents and purposes- he emerged into the public's consciousness for the first time, he's been a much sought-after commodity: someone who will deliver the goods (as long as he gets the financial backing). But things are different now, his stock is at the lowest it's probably ever been, and he's going to be under closer scrutiny than at any time in the past - his last few months at the Chavs have made him damaged goods.

Of course, he's not stupid. He knows full well what is demanded of him at the swamp, but I think he sees this as his last Hurrah! His final chance to salvage what is left of his reputation: an opportunity to stick two fingers up to everybody who doubts he has 'it' anymore. He could have gone to a smaller team pretty much anywhere in the world, China, USA, middle-east etc, but he wouldn't have got the ticker tape parade his ego demands. So where better for him to end his days than at the ultimate polystyrene palace? Representing arguably the most plastic club in global sports?

As I say, give it a year or two and he'll be heard uttering the famous words "Et Tu Brute" to the pisscan.

Uniteds transfers are desperate

They are trying to sign big names over players who will improve them the most

Pogba is a classic example, will be limited in the 2 man midfield and won't play as a 10 as Rooney will be playing there as they've signed the walking nose.

Meanwhile we have picked up a midfielder who is one of the best in the world for 20m and signed a winger who got in Spain's squad over Mata Carzola and Isco

Our business is much better imo

I can honestly say I know very little about Nolito, but Isco would be a cracking buy for us and they'd be considerably weaker without Mata in their squad.

I think he'll do a good job. He's obviously a very good manager and so far he's addressed some problem areas. Not sure how good Bailey is but mktarian (can't spell) is very good. They will be organized and hard to beat and mourinho has the league knowledge. He knows how most teams play.
I think his biggest problem will be his style of football. He will win games but the rag fans have developed some kind of mythical idea that they are a purist team who entertain. His turgid style won't go over well despite success. I predict top 4 at least.

Really? I think it's magnificent. As has been mentioned by wiser footballing scholars than myself on here before, he's a short term fix: give it a year, maybe even two years, but it will eventually all come crashing down and Peg will walk away from the havoc he created and retire to sunnier climes somewhere. In the past when everything went tits up he'd walk out and turn up somewhere else after a short spell ready to repeat the procedure all over again. But he's older now, and he knows he has less options than he's ever had. Since his days at Porto, when -to all intents and purposes- he emerged into the public's consciousness for the first time, he's been a much sought-after commodity: someone who will deliver the goods (as long as he gets the financial backing). But things are different now, his stock is at the lowest it's probably ever been, and he's going to be under closer scrutiny than at any time in the past - his last few months at the Chavs have made him damaged goods.

Of course, he's not stupid. He knows full well what is demanded of him at the swamp, but I think he sees this as his last Hurrah! His final chance to salvage what is left of his reputation: an opportunity to stick two fingers up to everybody who doubts he has 'it' anymore. He could have gone to a smaller team pretty much anywhere in the world, China, USA, middle-east etc, but he wouldn't have got the ticker tape parade his ego demands. So where better for him to end his days than at the ultimate polystyrene palace? Representing arguably the most plastic club in global sports?

As I say, give it a year or two and he'll be heard uttering the famous words "Et Tu Brute" to the pisscan.

I certainly hope you're right.

However,as I said,I think he will try to reinvent himself,stay for the long term,defy convention & build his 'legacy'

We've got to keep our foot on their throats !!

Looks like Pogba is set for United. Madrid have pulled out. Fuck fuck fuck why can't we have just said fuck it and threw every single penny at juve to get him!!!!
Juve would rip the rag cnuts off. They will have to pay minimum €120,000,000.

I don't think he'll sign for anyone. This'll be the what if deadline day story until it changes to they don't want him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.