The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kroos 50m stones 40m sane 37m jesus 26m and peres 19m will be our business for the rest of the window imho! Think yaya/fernando,mangala,zaba,kolarov,navas,bony,possibly nasri to leave in 1 way or another

I don't think we are. Being aggresive in the market was when we wanted Kaka so we offered £100m. Being aggresive is United offering £85m for Pogba. Basically meeting the asking price as long as it is reasonable: which the Stones and Sane ones are. Everton have said all along £50m, if we want him pay up if we don't move on.

It was the same last summer when we were arguing for months on end for Sterling and De Bruyne and in the end we near enough paid the full valuation for both.

Like I said I'm not bothered either way as I think we will get them both in the end and I'm sure our negotiators will give themselves a huge pat on the back for saving £1m.

Stone and Sane might be your valuation?

I think your interpretation of aggressive is yester-years when we were trying to fast track to becoming a big dog, but now, we are there, I feel the club are now being more professional (responsible) in dealing in transfers.

I know that doesn't suit a lot of our fans, but they will have to accept we are no longer just going to throw ridiculous amounts of cash around to secure a players services.

I don't think we are. Being aggresive in the market was when we wanted Kaka so we offered £100m. Being aggresive is United offering £85m for Pogba. Basically meeting the asking price as long as it is reasonable: which the Stones and Sane ones are. Everton have said all along £50m, if we want him pay up if we don't move on.

It was the same last summer when we were arguing for months on end for Sterling and De Bruyne and in the end we near enough paid the full valuation for both.

Like I said I'm not bothered either way as I think we will get them both in the end and I'm sure our negotiators will give themselves a huge pat on the back for saving £1m.

Hmmmmm and how well did that aggression go? Did we get Kaka and have United got Pogba?

Reasonable is subjective.

We are a different club now and are behaving accordingly.

I'd say it's going ok so far with plenty to come before 01/09/2016

latest

The Pep,Chappy, young kid taxi ride tells you all you need to know that big news is on the way in terms on incomings... brilliant video as well...

Stone and Sane might be your valuation?

I think your interpretation of aggressive is yester-years when we were trying to fast track to becoming a big dog, but now, we are there, I feel the club are now being more professional (responsible) in dealing in transfers.

I know that doesn't suit a lot of our fans, but they will have to accept we are no longer just going to throw ridiculous amounts of cash around to secure a players services.
I am with you here. Gone are the summers of splashing crazy cash. City were our dealers then and getting us hooked like a dealer does. It was fun, but we won't see consecutive summers like 09,10,11 again. We went from playing monopoly, to playing chess. Now it's just getting good pieces, backups, preparing for the future, and the occasional big(ger) name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.