Who were you ?

Well considering I was a nipper when we were shite, then I was always The Goat or Paul Dickov

Between the sticks I was Big Joe. I don't recall having a particular favourite outfield though.

Peter Barnes. Even though I was right footed I practiced with my left foot as often as possible to become 2 footed. Can never understand why professional players aren't coached to practice with their weaker foot

Peter Barnes. Even though I was right footed I practiced with my left foot as often as possible to become 2 footed. Can never understand why professional players aren't coached to practice with their weaker foot

I was exactly the same, always used to practice with my left foot as well. Managed to play left wing for teams I probably wouldn't have got in otherwise so it definitely did me some favours!

Agree that it's strange to see professionals who can hardly pick a pass with their weaker foot. I loved seeing Pep on an early video ask some of the kids in the academy if they were using both feet. Looks like it will be less of an issue in the future!

I went for a kickabout with a young lad I work with (still got it) the other day, was astonished that during the 6 weeks holidays we were the only two fuckers with a ball, the surrounding kids were too busy on phones and fag hagging.. Made me really sad actually...

Even today, I'm still Marco van Basten in my mind.. Probably more a hybrid of MVB and Uwe (:

The game was usually Wembley doubles, fly keeper!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.