Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although our need for a centre-half or two is self-evident, our need for a sweeper keeper to enable us to play Pep football is even greater. Save the money we are thinking about spending on Stones and spend it on ter Stegen. The need is greater.

You'd hope for £67mil you might get one of the best keepers in the world with change to spare...This guys not even top 30
You must know by now that transfer fees rarely reflect value for money. You have to just look at whether or not the player fits the manager's requirements and try to ignore the price tag because it's kind of irrelevant.

Apart from Neuer who we wouldn't get , who else is there other than Ter Stegen and Bravo and Rui Patricio has been mentioned but who else is there?

You must know by now that transfer fees rarely reflect value for money. You have to just look at whether or not the player fits the manager's requirements and try to ignore the price tag because it's kind of irrelevant.

Cant ignore £67mil for a goalkeeper who has made 47 appearances for his club since moving there for £12mil because it's absurd and definitely wont happen.
Crystal Palace got a better/just as good keeper on a free ffs.

Might be wrong but I don't recall Valdes playing sweeper keeper for Pep at Barca. Indeed I don't think Valdes is as good as Hart. I'm not Harts biggest fan but he's proven we can win the league with him in net and can do again.

People seem to think a ball playing keeper is vital but that's largely due to Neuer and he is a one off.

We can improve on Hart but there is no rush. A ball playing centre half ie Stones is more important to the system. Ter Stegen might well be more capable with his feet but as a shot stopper I don't think he is as good as Hart.

Not a priority for me and certainly not for the fees touted.

Might be wrong but I don't recall Valdes playing sweeper keeper for Pep at Barca. Indeed I don't think Valdes is as good as Hart. I'm not Harts biggest fan but he's proven we can win the league with him in net and can do again.

People seem to think a ball playing keeper is vital but that's largely due to Neuer and he is a one off.

We can improve on Hart but there is no rush. A ball playing centre half ie Stones is more important to the system. Ter Stegen might well be more capable with his feet but as a shot stopper I don't think he is as good as Hart.

Not a priority for me and certainly not for the fees touted.

He wasn't as ridiculous as Neuer, and probably not even as bold as ter Stegen but yeah, Valdes did quite a lot of sweeping.

Pep's teams have to have a very high defensive line, so the keeper is always going to have to come out of the box and deal with balls over the top.

Likewise, pep is always going to split the centrebacks to practically the touchlines so the keeper is always going to have to be comfortable taking the ball off them, moving it around under pressure - unlike Willy and Joe today.

He wasn't as ridiculous as Neuer, and probably not even as bold as ter Stegen but yeah, Valdes did quite a lot of sweeping.

Pep's teams have to have a very high defensive line, so the keeper is always going to have to come out of the box and deal with balls over the top.

Likewise, pep is always going to split the centrebacks to practically the touchlines so the keeper is always going to have to be comfortable taking the ball off them, moving it around under pressure - unlike Willy and Joe today.
D'you not get bored using the same line? Is it truly all down to the keeper tonight, nothing else?

I have been analysing the Stats of leading goal keepers. As you would expect the lower the average distance they pass the higher their passing accuracy. Ter Stegen has only been playing in the cup games for Barca. In the 14/15 season his first at Barca, his average pass length was 48m and his passing accuracy was a low 65%. Since then his average pass length has decreased to 26-29m and passing accuracy has improved similar to Bravos and Neuers level of 83-86%.

Hart has a typical passing length of 43-48m and his passing accuracy is usually 55-65%.

In the PL last season Lloris had the best passing accuracy of 68%, Cech 66%, De Gea 62% Hart 59% and Courtois 57%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.