Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he does go I hope he doesn't turn into another Jimmy Milner with the stupid little snide comments and actions...

I wonder if City could have done a bit more to prep Hart for this challenge. If they knew last season Pep was coming why not start training Hart on Pep style goalkeeping. An extra hour after training for a year and it could have given him a fighting chance.

For all we know they well may have. Joe may even have asked for it

Undoubtedly Joe is a better traditional keeper than Willy, and I don't believe anyone on here has said to the contrary. Looking at the attributes that Pep now seeks, neither are exceptional but Willy was given the gig yesterday, that alone doesn't make sense to the layman.

I don't buy into Peps after match words yesterday regarding the keeper situation where he said today it was Willy, next time it might be Joe (or words to that effect).

Pep will have assessed Joe over a greater period than 45 mins against Arsenal (which is what a lot of posters are hanging their argument on for him not been given time), so it could be assumed that Joe can neither or is unwilling to adapt. Is there a relationship issue between the two? I don't believe there is as Pep is old and ugly enough to put such things to one side for the betterment of the team.

If Joe does stay, he must now realise that Pep will get his way and he will not blink at the thought of dropping him.

Pep coming is what we all wanted and now he is here, we need accept he is moving us in a new direction and there may be casualties. Of course we all surely feel sorry for Joe as he has taken us to this current level and (if true) he isn't to feature with us moving up the food chain, he will be gutted.

Actually, your comments suggest you are not happy with the manager because Joe hasn't been given a chance, which is why I asked the question. If you think Pep have formed his opinion based on 45 mins against Arsenal, there is no hope for you.

As for your final comment - grow up
Suggesting Joe hasn't yet had chance to prove he can adapt is not the same as being unhappy with the manager at all.

Joe should be given a bit of respect. Has done so much for us and for that arse to put a keeper, way below Joes level, in goal was a disgrace and done purely to humiliate Joe.

Are they not related? If, in your mind Joe hasn't been given opportunity then surely that's down to the manager?
Joe got back late from the Euros that means there has been less time for assessment really and it may well be the case Pep thinks he isn't ready or is suffering with a dip in confidence etc from the poor showing by England in the Euros. So no him not currently having much time to adapt/impress is not anyone's fault in many ways. I know you want to suggest I'm having a dig at Pep, your one of our super fans who know better than everyone else and are more loyal, you've proven it time and again on here so well done, all I am saying is many have written Joe off and I'm not sure Pep has.

Joe hart is a good goalkeeper but that is it. He is not a great keeper as some on here would have you think. He does not deal with crosses very well and his distribution is poor. But for me his biggest weakness is when he has to save down to his left he is too slow getting down. If we want to get to the level we aspire to we need a better keeper than joe hart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.