Tosin Adarabioyo

My opinion is based on seeing Fernandinho play at centre half during pre-season under Pep just like it's his opinion seeing Tosin play in pre-season.

My opinion is also not pure supposition when Pep has said himself that Fernandinho can play there.
Pep didn't say though that he'd play him over Tosin there so it's still your supposition.

Did Fernandinho even play CB in pre season? Can't remember that.
That's what I was going to say.

Did Fernandinho even play CB in pre season? Can't remember that.

During the Arsenal game where coincidentally another midfielder Fernando started the game at centre half ahead of the "highly rated" 19 year old defender

Pep didn't say though that he'd play him over Tosin there so it's still your supposition.

No it's not supposition at all. Evidence so far suggest he would.

Fernando, Fernandinho, Kolarov, all played out of position at centre half when supposedly the manager has this 19 year old defender that he highly rates at his disposal.

No it's not supposition at all. Evidence so far suggest he would.

Fernando, Fernandinho, Kolarov, all played out of position at centre half when supposedly the manager has this 19 year old defender that he highly rates at his disposal.
Are you a wum or just ignorant af? He wanted to see how Fernando managed to play there if a situation ever occured that we was in need of another CB. Tosin then played in the second half and I still can't remember Fernandinho playing there for more than 5 minutes. By your logic Angelino is rated higher than Sterling by Pep because he came on as a LW on Wednesday despite being a LB.

I've been watching Tosin for just under a couple of years, so that's a lot of academy games. Wasn't possible before that anyway as he wouldn't have been an u18. I don't need to have watched him for ten years to know if he's an excellent player or not. I still go to all the academy games, even if I don't get to write about them all, so the BMRTV stuff is irrelevant. I've watched enough to know that he's an exceptionally gifted young defender, a ball-playing one too. He can pass, he can stroll through the midfield and he can do just about everything. All he lacks is experience, and thankfully Pep Guardiola sees that too. Why would he put him on otherwise and play him in every preseason game if not? Your opinion is just as null and avoid as any of ours is by your own definition, so let's just trust the City coaches and Guardiola then hey?

Too many are overhyped, but the matter of fact is that he's an England youth international at many levels, he's been to two consecutive FA Youth Cup finals and last year won the u18s league too. So by default he's one of the best in his country, if not the best, in his position at his age. He IS a prospect.
Tbh, Tosin had been playing for u18s since 12-13 season. Anyway, I think we'd agree that u18 league is of a very low standard and we can't fully judge players on that base.

I've been watching Tosin for just under a couple of years, so that's a lot of academy games. Wasn't possible before that anyway as he wouldn't have been an u18. I don't need to have watched him for ten years to know if he's an excellent player or not. I still go to all the academy games, even if I don't get to write about them all, so the BMRTV stuff is irrelevant. I've watched enough to know that he's an exceptionally gifted young defender, a ball-playing one too. He can pass, he can stroll through the midfield and he can do just about everything. All he lacks is experience, and thankfully Pep Guardiola sees that too. Why would he put him on otherwise and play him in every preseason game if not? Your opinion is just as null and avoid as any of ours is by your own definition, so let's just trust the City coaches and Guardiola then hey?

Too many are overhyped, but the matter of fact is that he's an England youth international at many levels, he's been to two consecutive FA Youth Cup finals and last year won the u18s league too. So by default he's one of the best in his country, if not the best, in his position at his age. He IS a prospect.

I agree with your points on Tosin and I think he's the best defensive prospect we've had in a long, long time.

However, I've highlighted your comment above and have to say that you're one of the main culprits of this. I enjoy reading your match reports to keep up to date with scores, etc, but one could be forgiven for thinking that our U16s/U18s team is full of world class talent ready to take up 1st team places - based on the hyperboles and superlatives you use for each performance.

There's definitely a grey area with upcoming talent and you can never completely be right with every player, or earmark every single one as a future star. Therefore it's better to be patient with them all (including the likes of Brahim, Sancho, etc) and see what our manager does with them as they mature.

I agree with your points on Tosin and I think he's the best defensive prospect we've had in a long, long time.

However, I've highlighted your comment above and have to say that you're one of the main culprits of this. I enjoy reading your match reports to keep up to date with scores, etc, but one could be forgiven for thinking that our U16s/U18s team is full of world class talent ready to take up 1st team places - based on the hyperboles and superlatives you use for each performance.

There's definitely a grey area with upcoming talent and you can never completely be right with every player, or earmark every single one as a future star. Therefore it's better to be patient with them all (including the likes of Brahim, Sancho, etc) and see what our manager does with them as they mature.

We have actually got a fantastic group of players, many of whom have the potential to become stars.

What happens next, will determine that, but a player not making it, does not mean he couldn't have done so under different circumstances or that the talent wasn't there. The Premier League contains a selection of ex City players right now, some of whom were nowhere near as good as others who ended up disappearing, in spite of being much better footballers, faster, smarter etc.

Shit happens & imo far too much shit happens to young players in this country, including piss poor coaching, piss poor influence, shit loans & piss poor managers not using hem at the right time.

City have some of the best young players probably in the world. It's not impossible we could have two teams' worth come through at senior level. It's also not impossible we could have none.

But that doesn't mean the talent isn't there. Many of these kids are fucking great.

Interesting last few pages of this thread. With Adarabioyo there is a bit of over-hyping to me due to his international recognition at youth level (which is basically an indication that you are a good junior than your a nailed on international star in the making) and being born and bred in Manchester. Like all City fans, I'd like to see a couple of Mancunian's in the first team squad. You saw that with the threads earlier this year making a case of George Evans to be given a chance (I thought he'd be a better bet than Fernando too!). I like Tosin as a prospect but I don't rate him in the bracket of being a future City captain quite yet. He's a long long way to go to get to there.

The opposite opinion that hes just the EDS flavor of the month and will fizzle out isn't the wildest of suggestions as its bound to happen more often than not with our young players. I'd be surprised if 10% of them get to play in meaningful first team games and then if 1 in 4 of those become regulars for us.

Tosin has dropped lucky a bit this summer with none of our senior central defenders being available from the first day of pre season so he's been able to take part in all the training sessions, had the most time to pick up the systems, etc, and you can see that when he's played in friendly's and in the CL because he's usually in the right positions and alert to whats going on around him. He can spot the dangers well. When you watch him in the first team though as opposed to the EDS or the U18's, his inexperience really sticks out, much much more than a perceived lack of ability. Yes hes played some questionable passes resulting in chances and goals in pre season but which young defender hasn't? Yes he let a long ball bounce on Wednesday that he shouldn't have done on Wednesday but what young defender hasn't? I think he looks quite comfortable playing with the ball and his head certainly doesn't go down after an error. I think he's also a strong 1-1 defender and isn't easily beaten for pace. Pep clearly sees potential in him to have kept him around the first team into the season.

The bottom line is he's one of many of our young players that have mastered youth football and need to be tested with first team football pronto. Players like him and Maffeo, based on Wednesday, are crying out for first team football. Coming into our team for the odd dead rubber here and there isn't good enough for his development to me. He needs to be playing week in and week out now and I hope he gets a good loan either before the end of the transfer window or in January

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.