More than half of Brits want burka ban

I very much share Ste's opinion on this issue,all that should matter is the security side of things - anything that conceals a persons identity and allows them to go undetected is a fucking big no no in my book.

It has fuck all to do with colour or religion - its purely a case of keeping society as safe as possible.
Someone who gets it.

This includes the safety of all members of our society. ALL.

I don't want EDL Tommy running into my local mosque wearing his arai helmet shooting up the place.

Sadly, shit goes on on a daily basis, it's a fucked up unsafe world out there and after reading many comments here I clearly witness people who have their heads in the clouds and hide away from the realities.

There are scummy bastards out to cause harm and these apologists are first to run to my types for protection when the shit hits the fan.
And it fucking will in Manchester sooner or later!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Someone who gets it.

This includes the safety of all members of our society. ALL.

I don't want EDL Tommy running into my local mosque wearing his arai helmet shooting up the place.

Sadly, shit goes on on a daily basis, it's a fucked up unsafe world out there and after reading many comments here I clearly witness people who have their heads in the clouds and hide away from the realities.

There are scummy bastards out to cause harm and these apologists are first to run to my types for protection when the shit hits the fan.
And it fucking will in Manchester sooner or later!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Great post again.I think you and me live in a similar world.

PS. turn the tapatalk off ;-)

How would anybody know if a woman was being forced to wear one? If she was married to the kind of man that would force her, then she's hardly likely to speak out against him is she?
This is where the feminists have their kop out. They quote one woman saying it's her choice to wear it, then assume that they all do.

I agree with you on the aesthetics of the Burqa. They are bloody awful. But it is not for me you or anybody else to decide which clothing to ban.

I personally think Jewish men would look better with no headgear and nice trimmed sideburns but it isn't for me to impose my views of what looks nice on them.

Likewise I think priests would look more dignified in a pair of smart trousers and a freshly ironed cotton shirt instead of a bloody frock but they disagree and it isn't my job to tell them they're wrong.

As for why it is racist. Close your eyes and think of a female Muslim. What colour is she? I repeat my point from earlier. If the burqa was a Christian or Jewish item of clothing this discussion would not be taking place.

Post of the thread. Sadly mate your wasting your fuckin time.

fair enough but just one point.

When those favouring a blanket burka ban for security concerns also start to propose a blanket ban on fancy dress/long coats/any item of clothing with a pocket/headscarves/turbans/skull caps/crash helmets except when actually riding a motorcycle/any and all forms of baggy clothing/scarves/gloves (them pesky terrorists can use gloves to hide fingerprints) I will listen to them (and still disagree).

Until then, selective banning of clothing is racism. Pure and simple.

And wearing fcuk-you-and-your values garb in a western culture isn't?

Like I said, I wouldn't stoop to their level and ban it but many people find it insensitive at best, provocative at worst.

How would anybody know if a woman was being forced to wear one? If she was married to the kind of man that would force her, then she's hardly likely to speak out against him is she?
This is where the feminists have their kop out. They quote one woman saying it's her choice to wear it, then assume that they all do.

She's forced by her religion (or she thinks she's being forced) to cover herself.

It's a backward concept and makes women lesser than men. The "modesty crowd" are mysognynistic. Why should a woman have to be modest and a man not ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.