More than half of Brits want burka ban

Nobody seems to want to see things from the perspective of the women who are being forced to wear it. They've nowhere to turn to. The people who could offer them a way out are the appeasers who are shit scared of being labelled as racist.

How would anybody know if a woman was being forced to wear one? If she was married to the kind of man that would force her, then she's hardly likely to speak out against him is she?
This is where the feminists have their kop out. They quote one woman saying it's her choice to wear it, then assume that they all do.

It's opened my eyes on here that posters seem to know the thoughts of not far off a billion Muslim women.

only a small % have all of their head and face covered, many just wear a headscarf... in response to the quote above

Has anybody in this thread spoken to women who wear the burqa/niqab to ask their perspective on things?

Just, you know, for research purposes.

And wearing fcuk-you-and-your values garb in a western culture isn't?

Like I said, I wouldn't stoop to their level and ban it but many people find it insensitive at best, provocative at worst.

How on earth is what a woman chooses to wear able to provoke you??

There's a bloke lives near me wears a skirt and blouse or a dress every day. Doesn't provoke me at all.

There's a family of fairly orthodox jews on my street that wear heavy, cromby style overcoats and homburgs in all weather, even the summer (when we get one), doesn't offend or provoke me in the slightest.

What is it about, largely brown skinned people wearing clothes they deem appropriate to their culture that provokes you?

How on earth is what a woman chooses to wear able to provoke you??

There's a bloke lives near me wears a skirt and blouse or a dress every day. Doesn't provoke me at all.

There's a family of fairly orthodox jews on my street that wear heavy, cromby style overcoats and homburgs in all weather, even the summer (when we get one), doesn't offend or provoke me in the slightest.

What is it about, largely brown skinned people wearing clothes they deem appropriate to their culture that provokes you?
Think you answered your own question. The fact that they've gone 16 pages without realising they're actually discussing a niqab should tell you a lot.

The fact that this thread has reached 16 pages at all should tell you a lot as well.

Cultural relativism. Get to know.

no, they should just stop being rude when in public in Western culture. Much in the same way you don't go to the UAE or Saudi and prat about in ways you know they dislike, or decide to go to Oz or Singapore on a drugs binge.

They want their cake and eat it and it's wrong. Show respect and show your face, simple as. It's the way we do it.

Go on then Blue Phantom, tell us what women who are forced to wear it should do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.