More than half of Brits want burka ban

Is there a burkha city kit for the Muslim ladies? ??

I'm all for the burkha but not just for Muslim ladies all ugly fat fuckers should wear one as well

Why don't we round up all the burkha wearers get them on a big boat and nuke the fuckers just as it's floating past John o groats, might catch a few kilt wearer's whilst we're at it

Keep going mate. Someone will surely acknowledge you as the new Chris Morris before long.

no, they should just stop being rude when in public in Western culture. Much in the same way you don't go to the UAE or Saudi and prat about in ways you know they dislike, or decide to go to Oz or Singapore on a drugs binge.

They want their cake and eat it and it's wrong. Show respect and show your face, simple as. It's the way we do it.
"I see your true colours shining through..."

So banning the niqab is no longer a feminist issue, it's just to make sure they don't annoy you. I'm glad we got that one ironed out. I expect you'll be off now to register your displeasure with how Western tourists behave when they're abroad. Or perhaps you won't, because you save your busy **** colourist paranoia for threads like these where you're in your element and very few people are around to challenge you.

How on earth is what a woman chooses to wear able to provoke you??

There's a bloke lives near me wears a skirt and blouse or a dress every day. Doesn't provoke me at all.

There's a family of fairly orthodox jews on my street that wear heavy, cromby style overcoats and homburgs in all weather, even the summer (when we get one), doesn't offend or provoke me in the slightest.

What is it about, largely brown skinned people wearing clothes they deem appropriate to their culture that provokes you?
Can you not see their faces?

Suppress, minimise, deviate and call names.
Two things emerge from this kind of thing. Far right groups get more support and victims of oppression get ignored.

"I see your true colours shining through..."

So banning the niqab is no longer a feminist issue, it's just to make sure they don't annoy you. I'm glad we got that one ironed out. I expect you'll be off now to register your displeasure with how Western tourists behave when they're abroad. Or perhaps you won't, because you save your busy **** colourist paranoia for threads like these where you're in your element and very few people are around to challenge you.

bigot.

I find it disrespectful. It's the equivalent of turning your back on someone when talking to them. It's just rude, it is a complete lack of respect to the other person by telling them they're not worthy of being able to see your face and communicate with you fully, it is just showing to that person that they are not equal to you in your eyes because you are willing to disrespect them.

Then again, I was brought up properly unlike people who behave in the way you defend, who like you just scream bigot because someone who was brought up properly has the audacity to flag the fact that these people are being utterly disrespectful and prejudice.

As for your western tourists jibe, I help see to it that those kinds of people don't even make it abroad as part of my job so tyvm. Look in the mirror before you start calling others ****.

Can you not see their faces?
If it really is about not being able to see peoples' faces then I guess we should look at banning:

- Long hair on windy days (who could it be under that hair?)
- Full fringes
- Face tattoos (who could it be under all those tattoos?)
- Big sunglasses (we can't see their eyes, how do we know what they're thinking?)
- Baseball caps
- Snoods in the winter (we can't see their mouths, what sort of terrorist attack could they be plotting?)
- Tinted windows on cars (we can't see anyone driving, it could be empty!)
- Army blokes with camouflage face paint
- Children's face painting at the beach

It's fuck all to do with obscuring the persons' face for you. You just see it as a scary black sheet from another country that looks a bit weird and a bit different so your natural reaction is to want its removal. I think that's sad and pathetic but the sooner you admit that to yourself, the sooner you can stop publicly tying yourself in knots and potentially outing yourself as a massive racist.

bigot.

I find it disrespectful. It's the equivalent of turning your back on someone when talking to them. It's just rude, it is a complete lack of respect to the other person by telling them they're not worthy of being able to see your face and communicate with you fully, it is just showing to that person that they are not equal to you in your eyes because you are willing to disrespect them.

Then again, I was brought up properly unlike people who behave in the way you defend, who like you just scream bigot because someone who was brought up properly has the audacity to flag the fact that these people are being utterly disrespectful and prejudice.

As for your western tourists jibe, I help see to it that those kinds of people don't even make it abroad as part of my job so tyvm. Look in the mirror before you start calling others ****.
Do you ask people to take off their big sunglasses on warm summer days because you can't see their full face? I mean, that must be pretty rude as well.

Because, you know. And frankly I'm concerned that someone with opinions like yours has even the slightest bit of control over people coming into, or leaving, the country.

palm-7555-white-santa-beard-and-wig-set_1.jpg

Do you ask people to take off their big sunglasses on warm summer days because you can't see their full face? I mean, that must be pretty rude as well.

Because, you know. And frankly I'm concerned that someone with opinions like yours has even the slightest bit of control over people coming into, or leaving, the country.

Thankfully everyone has to show their full face, because you know, that's a reasonable way to behave in public, especially when talking to someone.

Showing respect to others isn't a difficult concept. You'll grasp it one day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.