Pep's Press Conferences - Watford (A) Post Match (Page 129)

Very honest, unlike Mou. He reminded the thick press corps that his goalkeepers will all concede, they will not win everything and even in current form they wouldn't win the Premiership. It's 2 months in and media wants longterm conclusions, he continues to push patience and that this is a marathon not a race

All this without Nasri, Hart, Yaya & Kompany = previously believed to be virtual locks on the teamsheet. I said this earlier but this team will look very different come Spring
Come the spring the team will look a lot like it does, just with Kompany, Jesus and Gundogan actually playing from time to time.

Love the way he is so honest in his answers but gives away very little. He was pushed a number of times on how we could improve, but was unspecific. He will not give any of our rivals an ounce of information they could use against us. Give him another month and we will be playing 90 minute football and being more incisive with our final pass. These are the two things for me that are the standout for improving.

So we were better than United playing great football but pep tells us won't win the league playing like that. Anyone else feel that's his 'fuck you PEG' momrnt

Last edited:
Extremely impressive.
Is there a concern that he gives too much information?

My thoughts too

No I wouldn't say so, he always comes across as calculated but respectful, he acknowledges how he thinks the opponent will play but doesn't openly state we're going to do ... to deal with it.

Surely he's too smart and experienced for that Regardless of his press conferences there's an 800 page book that details his first year at Bayern and still rival managers have not figured him out Not to mention the pundits and journalists who still haven't got a clue

If you think the team's play today will look similar to what it will in Spring, you don't understand much about the Pep effect

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.