Premier league games 16/17 &18th Sept

Glad to see chelsea lose and play so badly. Doesn't look likely them beating us to the title although it's very early doors

Just got back in from watching it in a pub full of dippers .
Was loverns goal offside I'm sure they showed a line across the pitch and he was and they said he was on side ?

Don't underestimate them... They're only 2 points behind us after playing 4 of their 5 games away and 3 of them were at Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. Pretty decent return that
That will become 5 tomorrow. We saw both sides of Liverpool tonight. Very good first half, very bad second and that was with Chelsea being mediocre in both. Maybe they'll stay in and abouts the CL places due to no Europe this season but that team isn't challenging for the title. Not on the evidence I've seen so far. Credit to them for picking up points at what would normally be perceived as tough aways but all three cockney clubs haven't been firing on all cylinders yet.

Liverpool are very much like us in the difference between first and second half performances in PL games. Much better first half than second - when the tempo drops a bit and the press fails to work quiet as well.

After this weekend last season we'd won 5 from 5, conceded 0 and scored 11 and people were talking about an invincible season. No one was talking about having to scrape 4th on goal difference or Leicester winning the league. Let's not get carried away.
Although what you say is sensible, we have to bear in mind when it was that our season really imploded. Although we had been a bit inconsistent and maybe a little unconvincing until then after the brilliant start we had to the beginning of the season, it was the injury to KDB in January followed by the Pep announcement a few weeks later that really killed us off. After that it seemed that we lost all direction and confidence and struggled to 4th place. I'm not saying that we would have won it if KDB hadn't got injured but I'm sure we would have made a better fist of it if he had remained fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.