Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

this thread may as well be 5 years old and since 2011 we have had the same two deeply flawed left backs. tragic.

Who are some pacey lb who would fit in our system?
Grimaldo could fit, came through Barca academy so he certainly knows the philosophy + Barca fans were all bemused / angry when he was sold to Benfica and was tipped to make breakthrough there. He is pretty quick too. Wouldn't surprise me if he was a target.

Weaknesses at LB and RB not just the one.

Yes, I suppose Pep couldn't fix everything in one transfer window, we also need to offload some big earners. Yaya will be gone by summer, hopefully permanent deals for the likes of Nasri (but god knows who'll take Bony or Mangala on a permanent deal), Zab will likely go, Navas will go and hopefully Kolarov (don't like talk of a contract extension for him), if we let Clichy & Sagna go too then I expect we're looking to bring the likes of Maffeo through as backup fullbacks. We still need another CM to ease the load on Fernandinho & another CB too. We have some amazing young attacking talent, that area is well catered for & the future looks very rosey in that dept!!!

Grimaldo could fit, came through Barca academy so he certainly knows the philosophy + Barca fans were all bemused / angry when he was sold to Benfica and was tipped to make breakthrough there. He is pretty quick too. Wouldn't surprise me if he was a target.

Never seen him but apparently he's been excellent at Benfica so far. He's allegedly a target for us next summer.

Who are some pacey lb who would fit in our system?

Gaya from Valencia - basically Jordi Alba 2.0 so would fit Pep perfectly.

Jetro Williams - very attacking and energetic fullback at PSV

Alex Grimaldo - former Barca B captain who fell out with the club because he wasn't promoted and they signed Jeremy Mathieu instead. He's now at Benfica and is pulling up trees at 20 years old.

Those 3 are the most commonly mentioned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.