Spurs vs City post match

On the day Spurs seemed to want it more and played out of their skins. Although not an excuse for being outplayed, our previous fixtures necessitated a 4 night stay in south wales, followed by a trip to Glasgow, then down to London, so there will have been an element of fatigue. Agree with earlier posters that the fullback situation needs attention asap.​

I just think that lately managers have cottoned on to our high press under pep and figured out that putting us under a bit of pressure works whereas parking the bus let's us dictate play.
that high press tactic won't work that well next season when we sign full backs who are agile, quick and comfortable on the ball. To be fair, FB positions should have been fixed long time ago.

City have never won a Premier League game when they have been two or more goals down at half-time.

I love Pep but ffs everybody could see that coming against spuds, warnings signs v Swansea and Celtic and like I said before jermaine jerkoff predicted the way the game would go, well pissed off, other results horrible too !
But what was Pep supposed to do to avoid such result, what 'obvious' solutions would you offer?

poor first half cost us fair play to Spurs they deserved the win. If we cant defend a cross into the box and are sloppy on the ball and lose it in our half and get punished for it then we deserve what we got today. Pep and the team will learn from this and with the international break might be good time to break up. We will only get better with games together.

I love Pep but ffs everybody could see that coming against spuds, warnings signs v Swansea and Celtic and like I said before jermaine jerkoff predicted the way the game would go, well pissed off, other results horrible too !

That's the real frustration for me. Everyone and his dog knew how Spuds would play and we didn't nothing to negate it.

that high press tactic won't work that well next season when we sign full backs who are agile, quick and comfortable on the ball. To be fair, FB positions should have been fixed long time ago.
I bet you won't recognize the team at the end of the season - in a positive way. Not all problems are fixed by buying players.
Edit: though the squad overhaul is needed and is inevitable, I agree.

yep its only 1 game and the season is long and many swings and roundabouts i see us spurs and liverpool fighting for the title the rest are not on the level we are and will fight for 4th place city need to start getting a settle first 11 and the back 4 need to settle and play each week pick the 2 at centerback and fullbacks and play them everytime to gel with the keeper

also sky and the bbc have gone over board and picking holes in the city camp hahahahah i don't understand how they can talk about just 1 away game they talk of the end is near for pep and games up you been suss out hahahahaha its just a bad day spurs was better today but manchester city sit top of the table
Dead right we we're second best today no real compliant's about the result we've now played both Utd and Spurs away they have to come to our place hopefully KDB will be fully fit added to the manager having had a fair bit longer to school his team to his way of thinking.

No offence but who could beat today Spurs at their home ground, comfortably, with clean shit and 3 goals difference?
I doubt any team in the world at this particular day.

Be patient.

I might add that even with a good gameplay and 100% ready best players in the squad Pep still could lose. Like any other favorite, top team. And this also apply to Spurs.

In the end it's not a tragedy or end of the world.

To be honest I agree with you, it is not the end of the world because we lost.

But I think my point stands that the team does not perform well when it is pressed high. For examples, losing at home to Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool and Spurs, all have pressed high and have beaten us comfortably over the last two years, this team just doesn't have the right mental strength to cope with such tactics.

But I'm sure Pep will resolve this major weakness eventually.

Difficult to imagine that an experienced international premier league defender could make two of the most ridiculous calamitous pub team fuck ups in the space of a few days

How can you expect to win games when your own player is gifting the opposition goals like that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.