Problem with tenants

Not really. Don't stop the money, will just be another pain to sort out after the dust has settled.

By all means ring in the morning but be polite, just stating the facts. Point out the events from the beginning in a calm voice.

BOOOOOOOOOOM. The agency wankers rang me at bang on nine o'clock. Sparkies and gas man coming out today to sort the shite at the landlady's expense.

Funny what one rocket of an email can achieve.

BOOOOOOOOOOM. The agency wankers rang me at bang on nine o'clock. Sparkies and gas man coming out today to sort the shite at the landlady's expense.

My wife works at one of the biggest law firms in the country and it's amazing what an email from her p.c at work can do to change some smug twats way of thinking.

Been 5/6 years since i was involved with landlord/tenant problems, assuming gov cuts haven't changed things, I wouldn't,t stop there, ring the council, ask for private rented sector environmental health team and ask for someone to visit and inspect the place. if there on the ball they'll go through the place with a fine tooth comb.

landlord will then be made to do what's needed and if not council will do repairs and bill them, hope this helps

Hi all.

Last year I went travelling and as I'm not the richest man on earth I had to rent my house out to pay the mortgage. 1 year fixed rolled in to a short term tenancy agreement in April.
We served notice (section 21) and gave her 11 weeks rather than 2 months. Anyway Wednesday she refused to move out. So this where it gets complicated.

It turns out our letting agent didn't put the deposit in the correct goverment protected account and as she paid a year up front in rent she is allowed a 6 month notice period. Now all this is what a solicitors have told me and I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge if it's correct before I start handing them wads of money for 2 paragraph letters

has deposit now been protected, if so when.
i'm assuming after sec 21 served, so serve a new sec21
tenants still obliged to pay rent, where are they up to rent wise

if more than two months in arrears serve sec 8 notice
your still looking at few months to get them out, notice is first step you then have to go to court.
it might be easier/cheaper to offer them a few quid to move out.
if they have arrears over £5k you can threaten to bankrupt them (used to be £750 which was a useful tool for landlords)
good luck

has deposit now been protected, if so when.
i'm assuming after sec 21 served, so serve a new sec21
tenants still obliged to pay rent, where are they up to rent wise

if more than two months in arrears serve sec 8 notice
your still looking at few months to get them out, notice is first step you then have to go to court.
it might be easier/cheaper to offer them a few quid to move out.
if they have arrears over £5k you can threaten to bankrupt them (used to be £750 which was a useful tool for landlords)
good luck
Cheers mate,
The agency we used registered the deposit late so we had to reissue the deposit which she seemed fine with. Once that was done we had to reissue the section 21 as because the deposit hadnt been protected properly the section 21 was invalid. Turns out she knew that (quite clever woman!) so reissued now she has until 29th November. Still paying rent, I did say I would take her to court if she didnt even if it ended up costing me more.
As it turns out it starting to look like she wants us to make her homeless so she can get a council place. so looking well in the new year before get it back

Cheers mate,
The agency we used registered the deposit late so we had to reissue the deposit which she seemed fine with. Once that was done we had to reissue the section 21 as because the deposit hadnt been protected properly the section 21 was invalid. Turns out she knew that (quite clever woman!) so reissued now she has until 29th November. Still paying rent, I did say I would take her to court if she didnt even if it ended up costing me more.
As it turns out it starting to look like she wants us to make her homeless so she can get a council place. so looking well in the new year before get it back

I really hate people like this. Ok use loop holes to help yourself a bit, but not at the expense of some poor sap who is doing nothing, if anything helping them. It is a shame because geting them out on your own would demand you doing some really cuntish stuff ergo dragging you into their shitty world. I would like to think i have the decency to hold my shit together and not physically grab the woman by her neck and drag the fucker out slamming her on the floor. I would be fucking livid if someone attempted to impose on me like that.

Fair play to you for keeping everything legit, i am not sure i have that kind of patience for someone actively going out of their way to fuck me as it benefits them, in fact if they died a horrific death i'd fall on my arse laughing at good old sods law working in my favour :-D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.