Barca v City Post Match Thread

Having spent half a billion quid on players, you'd think we could fork out fifty more each for some boots with studs in
Players too busy trying to please boot sponsors instead of wearing what's right the the type of grass and taking a wetted pitch into consideration...
Fashion boots are pap always have been. I only let my lad wear good boots with good studs..... Blades are pap

It's not a 'good performance' ruined by mistakes. It's just mistakes which make it 'not a good performance'.

Sure, we can pass the ball around a lot and look quite impressive for a short while, but it doesn't win you CL games. Time and again we've been exposed by the real quality sides in Europe, and we've even come undone against some of the lesser ones.

CL is not very forgiving of mistakes, and we make far too many.

Hallelujah. The mistakes made our performance a wet one. We need to wise up fucking sharpish as 6 years going we look none the wiser at times.

Unfortunately what ferdinand just said was correct...some of the personnel don't have the level of ability to play the way pep wants and it will take time to fix that.

Zabba Kolorov clichy just cant do it and there is a question mark over ottomendi at times (though he played well tonight)...some of those on the bench also just cant do it (fernando being another one)

We played really well for big parts of the game but we had no cutting edge with sergio o

Perspective! We created loads of chances. They won the game because we made mistakes. They were not miles better than us. I'm not buying they had an off night either. We made them look ordinary in the first half. We will beat them at the Etihad.
And until we cut them out, we'll underachieve.

Thought we deserved something from today, do not actually think Barca were better than us, just stupid mistakes being made through lack of concentration. Dont have a problem playing the way the gaffer wants as long as your switched on.

On another note i wasnt a fan of seeing Sergio laughing and joking after the final whistle, would prefer to see our players physically gutted after a 4- 0 loss a bit like sterling seemed to be.

Two ways to look at it:

Without the errors and a suicidal goalkeeper they didn't look like causing us any issues, take our golden chances different game.

Or...

On the other hand, one of the worst attacking displays from Barcelona in a champions league game and almost 3rd or even 4th string defence, yet, we still get thumped 4-0.

Half empty or half full?
Someone just fill my glass please.

Have just spent 20 mins on the match day forum, then it closed, writing an essay on how frustrating it was last Saturday and tonight. Won't bore you with it, but to summerise I feel we really miss a Captain, a leader, a gobby bastard , if you like, that will take charge on the pitch. Come back soon Vinney, I think we need you sooner rather than later

Tactics were right and we played really well for the the first hour, but some of the individual mistakes were just horrendous. You don't see the top teams making those - teams like Barca, Bayern, Real Madrid and Atletico.

I've liked a lot of Bravo's work so far, but two big mistakes in two big games so far isn't the standard required. He needs to cut those mistakes out ASAP.

Oh, and we need better full backs. They're not just not at that level.

2 questions
1 why did Kun not get a start tonight?
2 why the fook have we replaced Joe with that one sided clown Bravo?

1 Because it was the right thing to do and was proven by our best performance against the spanish two. Don't let a slip and mistake cloud your judgement
2 To get rid of the most disruptive person in the dressing room and prove that no-one is safe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.