Most underrated City player?

He has a positive manner off the pitch and around the club, and works hard in training, no reason not to like him or play him, however he is inconsistant and as the old rhyme says when he is good he's very very good, bit when he is bad he is horrid.

Don't see him as either under or overated.

Umderated by english football is Ferdy, Nacho and to.some extent Silva.

I think underrated by City fans. 3 top class managers continue to play him but some think he is absolutely rubbish. I have been there, after Southampton away last season, but fair play to him another manager comes in and he is pretty much a regular in two positions.

There aren't really any, Juve don't use one, Iniesta is still brilliant but no better than any of the above now, Modric plays a deeper role but I'd include him, Koke also, it's the area Bayern are lacking in. Looking outside those clubs there's a few candidates but no sureties really.

Yes Modric would be one but he is probably now the ultimate deep midfielder as the role has changed and required excellence on the ball.

Yes Modric would be one but he is probably now the ultimate deep midfielder as the role has changed and required excellence on the ball.
Yep that's a big part of the reason, European football is swinging back towards the single pivot double centre and away from having a no. 10 at the highest level so players like Modric, Koke, Rakitic and Thiago are being adapted to deeper roles. If the PL clubs can keep the presence in the no. 10 area while adapting to this it'll give them a major tactical advantage but at the moment they're floundering to an extent.

Suarez got an awful lot of tap ins last season when he was up against tranny for the golden shoe and top scorer in La Liga, was playing for a far superior side and even had penalties delegated to him once it was clear Messi couldn't win. Let's see who scores more this season.
Got to get yourself in the right place for those tap ins but everyone seems to bang goals in over in Spain. Forlan is a prime example also that Colombian geezer. I would put a few quid on myself hitting double figures in Barcelona

Got to get yourself in the right place for those tap ins but everyone seems to bang goals in over in Spain. Forlan is a prime example also that Colombian geezer. I would put a few quid on myself hitting double figures in Barcelona
Yeah I know it's the top league but they shouldn't get a 2 factor in the European golden boot when it's harder to score in Germany, Italy or England.

Case in point being that Gerd Mullers high score has been beaten 7 times in 8 years by La Liga players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.