City v Boro post match

Yup, and it's early doors yet as well. That said there's a clear problem emerging already that needs addressing. Unbelievable profligacy at one end of the pitch and mental weakness at the other. That's 4 home games now (Sunderland, Everton, Southampton and Boro) where the opposition has barely mustered a dozen shots at goal between them, and had it not been for a freak last minute og. against Moyes' mob we'd have had 4 poxy draws to show for our efforts. We badly miss a physical presence in both boxes against these bus parking bastards, just to give us another option

I don't think the problem is emerging but it might be getting worse. We had the conversion rate problem at both ends under Pellegrini. We are averaging a shot or so more a game on goal and conceding one fewer at our goal per game but the blight of not converting enough of our shots and allowing to may of our opponents in remains. It really should not be a big surprise as it is largely the same players.

I beleive Pep can improve the players at his disposal but to get to the next level, the squad remains in need of some serious gutting. I just hope that Pep is asking for players that not only have superior technical ability but also the physical and mental strength to allow us to truly dominate this league.

We didn't score the killer 2nd goal again. combination of poor finishing and their keeper conspired against us again but we were poor 2nd half no doubt. Those same players tried for 90 against barca, and I don't see why they couldn't do that against premier opposition too. Attitude to premier games needs to change.... and we definately need another top striker to replace Aguerro when he isn't on form.

Stats show we had 25 shots of which only 7 were on target.
I'm sure all those 18 off target attempts were not by Kun

I agree completely, it was sickening when the equaliser went in.

We huffed and puffed all afternoon without looking cohesive.

No height up front makes it easier for the opposition to stick a wall of players on the edge of their own box and our inability to actually shoot just helps them further.

Those misses by Aguero and De Bruyne just before they scored came back to haunt us.

We can not defend so Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal will have a field day.

I think we should start planing for an FA Cup run as the league will be beyond us and the Chumps League will be a suck it and see competition.

Our defence worries me, from keeper to CB and fullback at times we appear all over the show, we need to learn to close games out , there was no need to push for the second whatsoever-certainly when it was apparent to everybody we were well below par in front of goal , stiffen up the midfield or even at the back for a forward player and it would have been three points and top.

We are simply to easy to score against and it simply won't work against the bigger teams who are ruthless when gifted opportunities that we keep gifting teams.

anyone not think the referee was fucking awful? how on gods earth did KDB not get a penalty when friend i think it was barged him off the ball from behind???!!! most stonewall penalty I've seen

Must confess I was wondering if we should bring Vinnie on near the end; not for Stones or Kola, who both had good games, but Kola could have gone into midfield, even Vinnie could do that, or we could have gone three / five at the back.

I thought Garcia for Navas was the wrong choice when made and still do.

Bingo , stiffen up midfield or defence and it was three points in the bag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.