Lest we forget

2b64f4d372b6bfe0ae84830685536c95.jpg

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them

I dont post very often but I'm here every day and a lot of very late nights. For a few years now I have suffered pain on an almost constant basis, I have had numerous operations on my back, a knee replacement and am due to have the other knee done in the next few weeks. I have had to give up my season ticket because I can no longer walk from the car or sit in my seat without extreme discomfort. I dont want any pity and the only reason I have put this on here is because none of you know me and I can hide behind this keyboard. Despite all my problems, my attitude has always been " there's fuck all wrong with me" I see people on a daily basis who have got real issues, things that I could never cope with. Tomorrow morning I will be at the cenotaph, I will stand in the rain and pay my respects to real hero's, people who died before I was even born and some who are young enough to be my children or even grand children. Forgive me for my long winded waffle, these pain killers have that effect, if you have any thoughts of pity or compassion for my sorry arse do me a favour, get up tomorrow, wrap up warm its going to piss down, go and stand at your local cenotaph, take your kids and make just that little bit of effort and do you know what, I'll like you, and better than that you'll like you too. Ta.

I dont post very often but I'm here every day and a lot of very late nights. For a few years now I have suffered pain on an almost constant basis, I have had numerous operations on my back, a knee replacement and am due to have the other knee done in the next few weeks. I have had to give up my season ticket because I can no longer walk from the car or sit in my seat without extreme discomfort. I dont want any pity and the only reason I have put this on here is because none of you know me and I can hide behind this keyboard. Despite all my problems, my attitude has always been " there's fuck all wrong with me" I see people on a daily basis who have got real issues, things that I could never cope with. Tomorrow morning I will be at the cenotaph, I will stand in the rain and pay my respects to real hero's, people who died before I was even born and some who are young enough to be my children or even grand children. Forgive me for my long winded waffle, these pain killers have that effect, if you have any thoughts of pity or compassion for my sorry arse do me a favour, get up tomorrow, wrap up warm its going to piss down, go and stand at your local cenotaph, take your kids and make just that little bit of effort and do you know what, I'll like you, and better than that you'll like you too. Ta.

Great post mate

What a beautiful post.

s-l225.jpg

That is brilliant mate and people like yourself are one of the reasons I joined the Navy. And I would do it all again tomorrow (if my knee could take it!!).

Unfortunately I too have experienced this , read too many headlines talking about " Our Boys " only to then be refused entry into pubs/clubs etc because you were a squaddie , in fairness usually in garrison towns . Still extremely proud to have served and look back on my time with nothing but pride and great memories

I got called a baby killer by someone on here. The poster in question isn't here now.

Also been spat at & had stones thrown at me when out & about in uniform.

There was a 'peaceful' anti-war demonstration outside Brize Norton a few years back and when walking past that we were all called war-mongerers & murderers.

Anyway, on to Remembrance Sunday... I watch it every year on the TV (really should pop down there some time) and every year I shed a few tears for those who made the ultimate sacrfifice for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.