Andy Murray - world no.1

Pisses me off people care more about his personality than his achievements. How many even on here start with 'I like him' or 'can't stand the fucker' ... Why should he be judged on his personality ? He's a f*cking Tennis player - the best sportsman Britain currently has right now and is sitting World Number 1! Beyond a amazing rise and achievement. Well done Andy.
Do you like Cristiano Ronaldo?

Do you like Cristiano Ronaldo?

Ronaldo has proven to be selfish and arrogant on the pitch which is where many judge his overall personality which isn't totally fair as he may be different off the pitch. I'm pretty positive he is different off the pitch. The difference with Murray and Ronaldo for me is, Murray hasn't let anything go to his head whilst Ronaldo has, I could be totally wrong as I've never met either but just my own view from seeing both of them on screen.

The bloke is the best sportsman to come out of Great Britain. He is the perfect role model to any kid wanting to be the best in sport.

I dont get those who knock him on the basis of his apparent lack of personality and so on. The guy may not be naturally great when interviewed, but what do people expect him to do, sing a
song, do a little dance, tell some jokes maybe? Perhaps those people should consider viewing the x factor, strictly, or flick the channels until you find Peter Kay for some jokes. What Andy Murray can do is play tennis, and play it better than anyone else right now and can rightly claim to have been able to compete with the three best players ever to play the game.

Well done to Andy what he has achieved is astonishing and those who follow the tennis will know that his win this week given the draw he had probably beats any other wins he has had to date.

Pretty amazing when you consider that his match with Raonic lasted longer than Djokovic's previous 2 and then factor in that he also broke the record for longest 3 set match with Nishikori before yet he came out and smashed Djokovic early on. Djokovic can go all day as well but Murray just doesn't quit.

The bloke is the best sportsman to come out of Great Britain. He is the perfect role model to any kid wanting to be the best in sport.

I dont get those who knock him on the basis of his apparent lack of personality and so on. The guy may not be naturally great when interviewed, but what do people expect him to do, sing a
song, do a little dance, tell some jokes maybe? Perhaps those people should consider viewing the x factor, strictly, or flick the channels until you find Peter Kay for some jokes. What Andy Murray can do is play tennis, and play it better than anyone else right now and can rightly claim to have been able to compete with the three best players ever to play the game.

Well done to Andy what he has achieved is astonishing and those who follow the tennis will know that his win this week given the draw he had probably beats any other wins he has had to date.
Spot on post. His achievement is beyond amazing and is a testament to his talent and work ethic. We should enjoy him while we can because it may be a long time until we see his like again.

Marvellous competitor and I quite like his quiet, just get on with it attitude. Far too many famous people nowadays with awful celebrity obsessing thought processes. Paul Pogba being an example.

Year end world number one
2 x Wimbledon Champion
US Open Champion
2 x Olympic Gold
Davis Cup Winner
World Tour Finals WInner
14 x Master Series Winner (9th on All time list)*
5 x Australian Open finalist
French Open finalist

An incredible career thus far, that would have been much more vaunted were it not for the achievements of his three amazing contemporaries. If he could turn those last two on the list into victories then he will have achieved everything anyone starting out in the game could ever dream of, which in the era he's played takes some doing. He's had a brilliant year, a lot of credit should go to Jamie Delgado, since he came on board the consistency of results has been phenomenal.

To put that Masters series stat into some context, T'Songa has won two, Wawrinka, Cilic and Ferrer have won one. The likes of Berdych, Del Potro, Gasquet, Nishikori, Monfils etc have never won one, such has been the dominance of Djokovic (30), Nadal (28) and Federer(24). For Murray to get 14 in that company is a fine effort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.