David White's upcoming autobiography (April 2017)

4 goals and it had me thinking who was the last player or the last time somebody scored 4 in a game

we really should have had a class of 1986 and football should have been talking about manchester city but again swales fucked up we had 6 or 7 world class youth players that would have walked into any of the top teams back then but city had the worst period of football in our history and in the 1980s in 1990s was a yoyo club with a shit load of managers

i truly think if we had kept billy mcneill we could have had a golden time and we would been talking about a manchester city team and sliverware
but swales was chairman and that's the end of the story

Great memories, David White was my hero as a kid.

He was on Talksport a few weeks back and he said if he was to criticise himself he'd say he wasn't aggressive enough or good enough in the air given his size. But what he was is fast as fuck! I remember in the build up to that game they were discussing who was the fastest player in the league - David White or Tony Daley.

When he was on form he was unplayable. 6 foot 1, athletic, strong, great finisher. He often seemed to suffer from a lack of confidence and it's now perfectly understandable considering what he went through.

So so sad to hear about the revelations in the book, sincerely hope he and his family can find some peace after doing the book. I hope he realises what a big hero he was to kids who grew up in the 80s and early 90s.

Liverpool at Maine Road August 1991 - second game of the season. White x2 and it still remains one of my favourite ever City games. The place was jumping that night.

I remember a bizarre Whitey goal against Luton. The ball was played forward and Luton's keeper thought their was an offside flag. He casually passed the ball back to Whitey near the halfway line who equally as casually side-footed it back over his head from about 40 yards.
There you go, the lino flags for offside, the ref plays advantage to Luton but the keeper fails to notice and just sidefoots it to Whitey.

There you go, the lino flags for offside, the ref plays advantage to Luton but the keeper fails to notice and just sidefoots it to Whitey.

Look at that kit!

smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes.png

If we won the league / Champions League in that "proper City" kit I'd die a happy, fulfilled man. Never imagined we'd be where we are now back in those days, and playing in the daft kit we are this season it actually doesn't even feel like the same club.

But seeing Aguero and DeBruyne and Silva win a big trophy in the same kit that David White, Paul Lake and Andy Hinchcliffe wore would be really special.

I'd have loved to have seen a race with David White, Keith Curle and Terry Phelan

Probably one of the last of the generation that played only for the love of the game and the club. When you consider what he had to go through to achieve what he did it is truly humbling. I was pissed on a night out in town once and told him how much that team meant to me as a kid. He couldn't have been nicer to me and I'll always remember it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.