Plane crash - Chapecoense FC - Awarded Copa Sudamericana - first game back today. P25

but why would the pilot have made this final manoeuvre if he was running out of fuel?
Looks like a standard holding manoeuvre, if ever you land at Heathrow you'll most likely do that sort of manoeuvre a number of times, it could have been caused by many things, busy runway, bad weather at the airport etc, but if they were close to the maximum fuel range, it itself could have caused the crash, all speculation obviously.

mate i ride a bike (honda blackbird) every day, some say a bike is the most dangerous form of transport, but i'm willing to bet you have more chance of survival on that than dropping 1000s of feet out of the sky..
Yeah motorbike riders are referred to as 'donors' by friends of mine that are doctors.

Far safer on a plane. But you're right, when one crashes then your chances are slim.

Fantastic gesture by PSG and the other Brazilian teams also btw.

just read on Huffington post that the very same plane transported the Argie sqaud to brazil last month with Kun,Zabs,Otto and all the other Argie superstars on board , can't imagine how i would feel if we lost just three players , but losing your complete squad is such a tragedy. Just hope the football world can help the affected families as much as possible and all the other victims , what a very sad day R.I.P.

just read on Huffington post that the very same plane transported the Argie sqaud to brazil last month with Kun,Zabs,Otto and all the other Argie superstars on board , can't imagine how i would feel if we lost just three players , but losing your complete squad is such a tragedy. Just hope the football world can help the affected families as much as possible and all the other victims , what a very sad day R.I.P.

Apparently Neymar chartered a separate private jet and gave Messi a lift. According to Twitter, anyway.

Brazilian football clubs have announced measures to support Chapecoense AF (free player loans, avoid relegation for 3 seasons regardless of results etc). I read that Atletico Nacional has agreed to Conmebol awarding the Sudamericana trophy to Chapecoense AF. Atletico Nacional has never won that trophy (same as Chapecoense AF). However their gesture is the biggest trophy of them all, one that will be remembered eternally…

It takes a fucking tragedy to make everybody involved discover their humanity again –and act with dignity…

Just been confirmed that goalkeeper Danilo initially survived the crash but has died in hospital. An awful tragedy.

Injured/suspended players left behind. Can't imagine how they feel right now.

VFDstIy.jpg

Was watching live the final dramatic minutes vs San Lorenzo at home a week ago. Chapecoense AF had secured an 1-1 draw away, now a goalless draw would be enough. I remember being frustrated with their inability to kill the game, pressure was unbelievable and they lacked experience at that level. San Lorenzo was throwing everything forward in a desperate effort to find a late goal. In the dying moments of injury time (94’), the Argentinians will bring the ball in the box through a free kick, and Danilo will make the save of his life (literally), like instinctively with his right foot. The final whistle is blown, players, staff and crowd go nuts. In the press conference that followed, their young manager will say that if it was to die that night, he would die a happy man…

That save cost Danilo, his teammates and his manager their lives. What can you say really?

RIP

I can't comprehend how I'd feel if this happened to our squad.

I think Fernandinho, as a recent Brazil captain, will feel it's his duty to step up and say something.

Looks like a standard holding manoeuvre, if ever you land at Heathrow you'll most likely do that sort of manoeuvre a number of times, it could have been caused by many things, busy runway, bad weather at the airport etc, but if they were close to the maximum fuel range, it itself could have caused the crash, all speculation obviously.
I've seen somewhere that a catastrophic electrical failure was already found to be the cause? Of course I can't find it again now.

According to google (the first response), the odds of dying in a plane crash are 1 in 11 million. If you are involved in a plane crash you apparently have a 95.7% chance of survival.

To put that into perspective the chances of dying in a car accident are one in 5,000. I suspect each time you go on a bike the odds are even worse.

Does that mean for every 5000 car journeys, one person is killed?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.