Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
First game as basically a full-back and Chelsea got nothing from that side when he was on. Hopefully get to see him tonight higher up the pitch.

Just needs to work on his passing and needs his confidence building up and he'll be an asset for us.

I said when I saw the team, that it looked like Sane was going to be asked to play wingback & I'd seen nothing in his game so far that showed he had the workrate required, so it was going to be 'interesting'.

The kid pulled his fucking tripe out. He ran his bollocks off & looked a level above Moses, who has been Chelsea's secret weapon this season in that position.

It deserved to work, for Sane & for Pep. And it should have done.

Same as Navas, considering the were in a new position they both did very well. Sané's workrate was excellent and unless he's starting on Saturday then I'll be livid if he doesn't start tonight.

Can't wait for him to bag his first goals, he deserves them.

As far as I know, this is the second game ever he's played LWB and he's already managed to do better than Clichy defensively.

Actually had the presence of mind to force Roberts to go wide onto his weaker foot rather than Clichy who was sending him a written invitation to cut on to his left and shoot.

Starting to get into it now isn't he?

He's not quite there because I think if he was more confident he could have skinned the Celtic defence every time he got the ball, and instead he only really went for it a few times.

Could have shot instead of crossed etc.

He's getting there though, really grew into the game in the last 20 and definitely promising signs.

He was definitely very good today. The fact that it's at wing back makes it more impressive, his ability to just glide past a player is superb. His game is still raw though but that will come with games and time. Hopefully he gets that over this Christmas period.

He's getting stick on the post match , but he did OK and not a natural wing back but he glides past players can cross a ball and his free kick missed by inches , not sure what there's not to like to be fair , he stays on the touch line which is obviously Pep's orders but its down to our creative players to find him on the wing .He looks devastating when he gets a couple of yards to run at players , very excited about this lad but i think we will only see the best of him after a dozen games or so.

His heavy touch passes are almost as shit as Pogba's were the other day but other than that, his attacking movement and dribbling is mostly spot on, and good to watch. I like the fact that because of his current wingback role, he has to learn to defend a bit more, it almost seems like a punishment from Pep as this is his weakness and I think it showed a bit today and against Chelsea as well. But nonetheless he's showing a promising form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.