Willy Caballero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What he had to do he did well. He seems to give the back four more confidence than bravo as he is braver and more decisive. When he went direct/long with his kicking barca really struggled and we won a lot of second balls. Didn't have loads to do but clearly had those in front of him organised and switched on. Well done

What do you mean by braver?

What do you mean by braver?
He meant beaver.
200.gif

Considering I was sat right behind the goal I think I had a decent enough view of the game. Everyone round me felt the same, he had a decent game but stuck it out of play a few times when there was an easy pass and he hoofed it a couple of times when he didn;t need to, that's why I put a "lol" on the post.

I know you can see things better while being at the ground but we have to judge willy differently, first of all he is our backup keeper who isnt in world class category but has improved alot with time, secondly i think he played best to his abilities and playing safe is better than being sorry as we found out after the first leg

I know you can see things better while being at the ground but we have to judge willy differently, first of all he is our backup keeper who isnt in world class category but has improved alot with time, secondly i think he played best to his abilities and playing safe is better than being sorry as we found out after the first leg
I'm really bored of this conversation so let's leave it now - all the points you've raised aren't "judging things differently" as I've never mentioned them...

One thing you may have missed mate, which the commentators highlighted, is that Pep was telling him to hoof it long as Barca were struggling with directness.

I say this but I must point out I'm an avid believer in being able to see more when you're at the ground.
Lol, the fallacy of seeing more at the ground lives on.

Lol, the fallacy of seeing more at the ground lives on.

Generally you can judge performance better I feel but management instructions are sometimes picked up by pundits/ commentators/ pitch side reporters that you can't see from one side of the ground.

You are better being in the ground though.

For me I see far more of the play when I'm at the ground than watching on TV.

I have a far wider view and can see the overlaps and the runners off the ball so IMO it's not a fallacy.

Of course, as above you have the advantage of listening to coverage (not that I do) and seeing replays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.