Bring Back Joe Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont think Bravo is any good. He has too small a stature for this league and is not a good shot stopper. Yes Hart had his faults but to me there is no comparison as a keeper. Hart is also better than Willy.
Conclusion? It must be more than about goalkeeping skills.

I just dont think Bravo is any good. He has too small a stature for this league and is not a good shot stopper. Yes Hart had his faults but to me there is no comparison as a keeper. Hart is also better than Willy.
Conclusion? It must be more than about goalkeeping skills.

Bravo....Too small stature!? David De Gea anyone?

I've always maintained that goalkeeper is the least important position and that if those in front perform well you could have anyone in net.

Bravo is single-handedly changing that view. He's fucking shit. Hart is vastly superior in almost every respect and though Pep would not admit it he's dropped a massive bollock.

At the end of the day - we can't forget that initially we wanted ter Stegen.
However we couldn't get him, and Pep was so obesessed about buying a goalie who 'can' pass, we ended up buying Barcelona's 2nd choice keeper who's 33. Not their fist choice who is 24.

Bad move from Pep and co considering we had one of the best shot stoppers in the world, and whilst he did have his flaws, we bought a keeper who will cost us more points per season than Joey, all for the sake of a few passes here and there, which isn't even working yet. Our goal kicks prove that.

We should have gone for ter Stegen, and if we couldn't get him, kept Joey and Pep could have improved him.

Maybe uniquely I have no problem with Pep selling Joe Hart (fantastic keeper but not a footballer), however I think that Bravo albeit a good footballer (for a keeper) is not of sufficient quality as a keeper for where we want to be.

Think of it as people did before he played in a City shirt - there is no keeper in the world better suited to playing the way we want to in the world. Neuer is more rounded, but it's irrelevant anyway because he's not for sale.

- Bravo was experienced, played this way from the time he was a child.

- He was Barcelona's first choice keeper where he kept 43 clean sheets in 75 games.

- He was MOTM in the copa america final, and his record with Chile is incredible, his saves and quality goalkeeping being one of the main reasons they won 2 Copa America's.

- He is one of the 5 goalkeepers nominated for World team of the year.

- He was recommended by people Pep knew at Barca and he had worked with our goalkeeping coach before.

Whether Bravo "comes good" or not, we will never sign a goalkeeper who ticks all of the boxes prior to signing like he did. He was a renowned shot-stopper and ball playing goalkeeper and he was the perfect singing to be our 'keeper.

So if you're of the opinion that Bravo isn't good enough, make no mistake, this could happen to any goalkeeper we ever sign, because he was good enough in August. Has been for years.

Hart is vastly superior in almost every respect and though Pep would not admit it he's dropped a massive bollock.
Well no Hart isn't vastly superior in every respect. His distribution is much worse, he is very suspect on crosses, he's weak on his left hand side and his judgement is poor. One-on-one he's good but that's really about all.

Think of it as people did before he played in a City shirt - there is no keeper in the world better suited to playing the way we want to in the world. Neuer is more rounded, but it's irrelevant anyway because he's not for sale.

- Bravo was experienced, played this way from the time he was a child.

- He was Barcelona's first choice keeper where he kept 43 clean sheets in 75 games.

- He was MOTM in the copa america final, and his record with Chile is incredible, his saves and quality goalkeeping being one of the main reasons they won 2 Copa America's.

- He is one of the 5 goalkeepers nominated for World team of the year.

- He was recommended by people Pep knew at Barca and he had worked with our goalkeeping coach before.

Whether Bravo "comes good" or not, we will never sign a goalkeeper who ticks all of the boxes prior to signing like he did. He was a renowned shot-stopper and ball playing goalkeeper and he was the perfect singing to be our 'keeper.

So if you're of the opinion that Bravo isn't good enough, make no mistake, this could happen to any goalkeeper we ever sign, because he was good enough in August. Has been for years.

To be fair though he wasn't even our first choice was he?

I've always maintained that goalkeeper is the least important position and that if those in front perform well you could have anyone in net.

Bravo is single-handedly changing that view. He's fucking shit. Hart is vastly superior in almost every respect and though Pep would not admit it he's dropped a massive bollock.
Other 1 on 1s, which aspects is Hart vastly superior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.