Full Backs?

This is actually serious now. We either buy some full backs in January or we finish outside the top 4. Simple as that.

Liverpool, Spuds, Arsenal and even the rags have stronger squads than we do. If those in charge seriously think we can get through the rest of the season with Zab, Kolarov, Clichy and Sagna then they better hope we win the CL cos that is the only way we will be playing Champs League football next season.
No , the manager needs to get the best out of the players at his disposal

Perhaps picking the same back four for more than one game would be a start

He also needs to settle on his best team instead of shoehorning all the best players and hoping for the best

He is supposed to be the best manager in the world, time to start proving it instead of pushing the panic buy button

Besides, if we signed a new foreign player we would have to drop someone from the current squad , who does he pick , how does he tell them to kick their heels for six months ?

This squad is easily good enough to finish top four

Looks at the rags back four

Darmian rojo jones Valencia

I would rather have

Sagna stones otamendi clichy

At least buy janmaat and van aanholt until summer, to fight for champions league qualification.
If I was manager and had kolarov/zabaleta as main full backs I wouldn't sleep, it's impossible to achieve something with them.
Those two full backs will be improvement and can be used as subs from next season, bigger players like bellerin or rose or alaba can be bought in the summer.
But as club has to buy 4 full backs, job can be divided and it's necessary, without that i think finishing 6-th is quite possible :(

Jose Gaya seems to be out of favour at managerless Valencia. Strike while the iron is hot.

I really rate Gaya but he does have defensive weaknesses and I can guarantee you he'd need time to settle in the prem and there's no way the fans will afford him that.

Sagna is the only one of our fullbacks good enough.

I love Zaba to pieces but he's getting on and it's really starting to show. Kolarov is just outright shite, and Clichy has been poor for a while.

We could do with some more English players and for me Rose and Clyne are two of the best young full backs around. Would cost a mint, but could save some issues with home grown players down the line. Probably wouldn't come, but I'd be ver happy if someone could let Pep know that I'd like them. Thanks

If Pep doesn't play 3 at the back again this season that will be a good start, because it has only kt made things harder!

No , the manager needs to get the best out of the players at his disposal

Perhaps picking the same back four for more than one game would be a start

He also needs to settle on his best team instead of shoehorning all the best players and hoping for the best

He is supposed to be the best manager in the world, time to start proving it instead of pushing the panic buy button

Besides, if we signed a new foreign player we would have to drop someone from the current squad , who does he pick , how does he tell them to kick their heels for six months ?

This squad is easily good enough to finish top four

Looks at the rags back four

Darmian rojo jones Valencia

I would rather have

Sagna stones otamendi clichy
Good points. I would too. Unfortunately Pep chooses to play Zabba and Kolo over Sagna and Clichy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.