Etihad atmosphere

Top flight football in England has slowly been dying for the attending fan since Sky got their claws in. The football in the pitch is better but the soul has long since gone. Silly kick off times for tv, clubs taking the piss with ticket prices and the whole watered- down, sanitised matchday experience is crap. The constant barrage of bollocks in the media and on the internet means that by the time you attend the match, you're already sick of it all. I have a season ticket and do most of the away games too but I can easily envisage I time when I don't bother with it anymore. It's an addiction more than an experience that justifies the expense but the thing with football is that you will always get the odd match that reminds you of why you bother.

Next home game is a big one against Spurs. Why not instead of us all debating about what can be done do something and make something go city viral. No idea what that's for the more creative ones but bring flags scarves and get an atmosphere going. Scouser esque but fuck it what is there to lose. There's obviously plenty of us upset looking at the internet today. I didn't like the way Pep went about us but Pep and the players want more so give it em.

Next home game is a big one against Spurs. Why not instead of us all debating about what can be done do something and make something go city viral. No idea what that's for the more creative ones but bring flags scarves and get an atmosphere going. Scouser esque but fuck it what is there to lose. There's obviously plenty of us upset looking at the internet today. I didn't like the way Pep went about us but Pep and the players want more so give it em.
Get the slogan;
"'Stand up if you love City' for Spurs"
Going round all the media sites.

Let's get the whole of Level 1 on their feet like we used to for the first 5-6 years at this stadium when we had s big game (remember when we used to do this and then it disappeared?)!

I think pep trying to get an almost comatose CB stand going is very telling. There's obviously nobody who is 'real' City behind the scenes telling him what's what.
I find it sad that the club have let this happen. Instead of sending out fatuous surveys that nobody apparently aggregates, they should re-instate the official dialogue between the club and fans.

Get the slogan;
"'Stand up if you love City' for Spurs"
Going round all the media sites.

Let's get the whole of Level 1 on their feet like we used to for the first 5-6 years at this stadium when we had s big game (remember when we used to do this and then it disappeared?)!

Yep even if it's the poznan, that got the atmosphere going too. We can do organized minute silences so poznan in the tenth minute or something

One thing that has been overlooked a little bit since yesterday is that oftentimes it's the football that dictates the crowd, more than the crowd can dictate the football IMO.

The second half against Arsenal (which I'll maintain was about the best half of footy we've played this season) the stadium was rocking. The players were up for it and so were the crowd because you couldn't help but get into it.

Opposing teams make it difficult with the 11 behind the ball tactics at the Etihad, it's tough for both the team and the crowd to get any momentum going in games like this and the way we have to play (side to side, probing for an opening) is hardly get on your feet and chant footy unfortunately.

What's the solution? Opposing teams grow a pair of balls and come at us ;)

One thing that has been overlooked a little bit since yesterday is that oftentimes it's the football that dictates the crowd, more than the crowd can dictate the football IMO.

The second half against Arsenal (which I'll maintain was about the best half of footy we've played this season) the stadium was rocking. The players were up for it and so were the crowd because you couldn't help but get into it.

Opposing teams make it difficult with the 11 behind the ball tactics at the Etihad, it's tough for both the team and the crowd to get any momentum going in games like this and the way we have to play (side to side, probing for an opening) is hardly get on your feet and chant footy unfortunately.

Good point, well made.

But the same could be said for games at the likes of the Allianz and the Bernabau where teams come and stick 11 behind the ball regularly. Yet the fans are always loud enough and a large section sing throughout.

I agree with you to an extent, but we need to be creating atmosphere throughout...regardless of how the match is going.

That's just searching for excuses and not blaming the problem - us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.