FA Cup 4th round draw - Palace (a)

TBF RE the agenda of the draws, I think United had a long run of drawing premier league sides in the FA Cup that ended a couple of years ago maybe. Possibly misremembering but I think it lasted 4/5 years, just as it has for us recently.

In the last 30 years the FA Cup has only been won by a side outside of the current top 6 clubs 3 times. Still a big trophy to the bigger clubs once they get a bit further but maybe not so much for the championship sides.

What I don't get is mid table prem sides who won't get relegated resting players. Strange

Ha, I'm no agenda-ist. We had some pretty favourable draws in the run up to the 2011 and 2013 cup finals. Whisper it quietly, but 2014 and 2015 weren't that bad either. It's almost like it's pretty random.

Mate sent me this. Rags domestic cup draws for the last 2 seasons. I thought the warm balls thing was shit.

80% home record FA Cup and mainly weak opponents, same in League Cup. Congrats Dick Scudamore!

FA Cup
Sheffield United H
Derby County A
Shrewsbury Town H
West Ham H
Everton N
Crystal Palace N
Reading H

League Cup

Ipswich H
Middlesbrough H
Northampton Town A
Manchester City H
West Ham H
Hull City H/A

In the last 30 years the FA Cup has only been won by a side outside of the current top 6 clubs 3 times. Still a big trophy to the bigger clubs once they get a bit further but maybe not so much for the championship sides.

What I don't get is mid table prem sides who won't get relegated resting players. Strange

I would make it 5 clubs Wigan, Pompey , Everton Dons, Cov. I think only Everton and West Brom outside the top 6 are safe this season, it was a surprise both lost yesterday.

I would make it 5 clubs Wigan, Pompey , Everton Dons, Cov. I think only Everton and West Brom outside the top 6 are safe this season, it was a surprise both lost yesterday.

Yeah I think I counted back too far so 28 years. I started from Wimbledon. Even with those two and the three since, the finals still included teams from the top 6 apart from the Pompey one. Shows how dominant the bigger sides are and always have been really. Suppose it's a similar story in the prem though and only the league cup gives more clubs a chance of silverware.

That hasn't worked out too well recently!
There are times when ANY team is a banana skin for City. We've travelled this road before! For a while there, clubs were HOPING to get us at their place...nice payday from a full contingent of away support, and a better than evens chance of getting another payday from the next round! I think we kept Halifax afloat for three seasons from their victory!!!

Mate sent me this. Rags domestic cup draws for the last 2 seasons. I thought the warm balls thing was shit.

80% home record FA Cup and mainly weak opponents, same in League Cup. Congrats Dick Scudamore!

FA Cup
Sheffield United H
Derby County A
Shrewsbury Town H
West Ham H
Everton N
Crystal Palace N
Reading H

League Cup

Ipswich H
Middlesbrough H
Northampton Town A
Manchester City H
West Ham H
Hull City H/A

It's absolutely disgraceful and compare that to our recent draws and one can't help feeling it's all a bit of a "fix" in parts. I'm convinced these "favourable" draws for them and unlucky draws for us are all part of the FA masterplan to screw us at every turn. I'll be utterly amazed if we don't draw Rags, Spurs, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea AWAY tomorrow. If we do the club should withdraw in protest at the continued agenda against us.

Everton shouldn't have lost. I think Koeman was not very happy with the performance. EFC had a much stronger side out, and the main Foxes striker was subbed after half an hour or so, and the sub went and scored both Leicester goals!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.