CITY: SHOWSEC, Atmosphere, & Blatant Bullying.

For what it's worth isn't Gary cook at a loose end now as he was released by the wrestling admin before Xmas ?

Has nobody got their phone out and recorded some of this obscene behaviour? The one incident that will remain in everyones mind is the East Stand v Villa because it was videoed. The fan in question posted on here.

Lots of shares and retweets will send our situation viral in no time. If they don't take action then they never will do.

The first few pages of this thread were full of people saying 'them's the rules' with regard to standing.

The law as it stands bows to the regulations of clubs in terms of standing. It is the law for clubs to provide all-seater stadia; it is not the law for every supporter in a stadium to be sat down. As we have seen with the south stand, 111/110 and to a similar yet lesser extent 109, there is a degree of leniency that exists. That is down to the club, not any external authority. Safety Advisory Groups exist with the power to reduce allocations and things of the like, but I cannot to my mind think of any case they have exercised that right at the Etihad in the 13 years we've been there.

I moved to block 314 when the extension was opened for cost reasons, and I'm sad to say the same showsec behaviour has continued up there. I think I speak for a significant number of those who moved to SSL3 in that while I moved because of the price of my season ticket, I remained hopeful that an atmosphere could be generated up there; mostly because I thought there'd be likeminded people up there. And there are; I am a seat from the segregation, and I stand by away fans standing for 90 minutes whenever a team takes the full allocation, or for whatever reason decides to take the third tier allocation over the first two tiers. The same situation exists as does in 109; a quite sizeable proportion of the block is standing, and has done since the stand opened. But this year, Showsec has started coming round trying to sit people down. And on more than one occasion has ejected people for refusing to comply. It's now got to the point where whenever you see yellow jackets coming up the aisle, you can be guaranteed of a 'stand up if you love City' chant.

There is an innate hypocrisy to this whole idea. You see the manager on the touchline, the players on the pitch trying to get the fans going. You can't blame Pep, he's come here straight from Germany where fans aren't treated like criminals, where they have safe standing and a decent atmosphere wherever you go. Yet they are all blissfully unaware that the main barrier to us having a decent atmosphere at home, is the club itself. Whether it be through heavy handed stewarding or through the gradual erosion of the 'normal' match day support through increased corporate allocations, general pricing out or heavy handed stewarding, I can't say this is the 'match day experience' (to borrow the club's own terminology) even I as a 24 year old grew up with. As a kid I relished the rawness of Maine Road and its atmosphere, and it's pretty clear that through the club's own actions it has destroyed the culture of our support - I think intentionally. There's no money to be made there, after all.

The first few pages of this thread were full of people saying 'them's the rules' with regard to standing.

The law as it stands bows to the regulations of clubs in terms of standing. It is the law for clubs to provide all-seater stadia; it is not the law for every supporter in a stadium to be sat down. As we have seen with the south stand, 111/110 and to a similar yet lesser extent 109, there is a degree of leniency that exists. That is down to the club, not any external authority. Safety Advisory Groups exist with the power to reduce allocations and things of the like, but I cannot to my mind think of any case they have exercised that right at the Etihad in the 13 years we've been there.

I moved to block 314 when the extension was opened for cost reasons, and I'm sad to say the same showsec behaviour has continued up there. I think I speak for a significant number of those who moved to SSL3 in that while I moved because of the price of my season ticket, I remained hopeful that an atmosphere could be generated up there; mostly because I thought there'd be likeminded people up there. And there are; I am a seat from the segregation, and I stand by away fans standing for 90 minutes whenever a team takes the full allocation, or for whatever reason decides to take the third tier allocation over the first two tiers. The same situation exists as does in 109; a quite sizeable proportion of the block is standing, and has done since the stand opened. But this year, Showsec has started coming round trying to sit people down. And on more than one occasion has ejected people for refusing to comply. It's now got to the point where whenever you see yellow jackets coming up the aisle, you can be guaranteed of a 'stand up if you love City' chant.

There is an innate hypocrisy to this whole idea. You see the manager on the touchline, the players on the pitch trying to get the fans going. You can't blame Pep, he's come here straight from Germany where fans aren't treated like criminals, where they have safe standing and a decent atmosphere wherever you go. Yet they are all blissfully unaware that the main barrier to us having a decent atmosphere at home, is the club itself. Whether it be through heavy handed stewarding or through the gradual erosion of the 'normal' match day support through increased corporate allocations, general pricing out or heavy handed stewarding, I can't say this is the 'match day experience' (to borrow the club's own terminology) even I as a 24 year old grew up with. As a kid I relished the rawness of Maine Road and its atmosphere, and it's pretty clear that through the club's own actions it has destroyed the culture of our support - I think intentionally. There's no money to be made there, after all.

THIS ALL DAY LONG ^^^^^^^^^^^ Although I`m more than twice your age I agree with every word.

THIS ALL DAY LONG ^^^^^^^^^^^ Although I`m more than twice your age I agree with every word.
And agreed here

The club are shitting on their own core support...they are too stupid to realise that 'matchday experience' is about atmosphere as well as play on the pitch (and, of course, both are related.....ripbthe heart out of the support and the atmos suffers...the atoms suffers and the team lack the 'home cauldron' which is part of the whole 'home advantage' thing and this could affect results, which could then , in turn affect club revenues.. oh the fookin irony..
Bring back standing and stop hiding behind the morons that pass themselves off as 'trained' security staff...
Get a fookin grip, City board

And agreed here

The club are shitting on their own core support...they are too stupid to realise that 'matchday experience' is about atmosphere as well as play on the pitch (and, of course, both are related.....ripbthe heart out of the support and the atmos suffers...the atoms suffers and the team lack the 'home cauldron' which is part of the whole 'home advantage' thing and this could affect results, which could then , in turn affect club revenues.. oh the fookin irony..
Bring back standing and stop hiding behind the morons that pass themselves off as 'trained' security staff...
Get a fookin grip, City board

Maybe this should be explained to Pep, when he's trying to gee the crowd up.

The stupidity of the situation is that the club have the resources and the facilities to satisfy the majority of fans regardless of the type of 'match day experience' they want. It may also require a bit of flexibility from us but getting like-minded fans seated, standing, singing or even eating canapés together shouldn't be too difficult if the desire to do it is there.

Maybe this should be explained to Pep, when he's trying to gee the crowd up.
I don't think it's necessarily something that needs to be brought up with him, rather the club needs to sort out itself. It needs to sort out the massive number of fuckups it's made

I also think our own fans are a big part of the problem; over the last few years the matchgoing support has gentrified quite considerably, to the point you get people in sections of our own ground staring disapprovingly and tutting at someone who at least tries to get behind the team. I don't expect every part will sing etc but going to the match has over-sanitised to the point where in some places it's basically impossible

In addition to that, you have the problem of the family stand. The move to turn the entire north stand into a family stand has been a catastrophic failure, evidenced by the empty seats (despite tickets having been bought). Before this, on its day, the north stand was capable of getting behind the team. Now though? No chance, save for the (very rare) chant of 'come on city'.

Pricing arrangements, too. As I said before a lot moved to south L3 for the cheap tickets, myself included. This has had the effect of splitting our singers even more than before, to the point where there isn't the traction to get songs going anymore. South L1 needs to be priced similarly to upstairs to get this back.

Now you have the tunnel debacle and that's even more evidence of the club shitting on its fans. Sadly I can't see it stopping, and it will get to the point where a lot of people, including me, are so disillusioned with going to the match that we stop going entirely. That point is, I fear, not far off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.