Etihad atmosphere

Moved into the singing section when it was created. As others have mentioned, I think more people would have relocated had they not offered season tickets at half the price in SS3. This probably turned heads of many potential 'singers' for our block(s). The club will be given the opportunity to move this section again with the North stand expansion and that will probably be the next/only opportunity to get a decent number together.

Does anyone else remember going to Shambles Square before the Hamburg match? It was like a Euro away day. 500 or so blues on the piss. Imagine if we did that for every big game. Atmosphere would sort itself out.

Me and my brother were walking up to the tram station with our scarves on, people bibbing us and shouting COME ON out the window all the way there. Was like we were in a cup final or something! There was such a buzz before that game. Something I've only seen replicated on the biggest games. Imagine what the semi final would have been like had we won?!
We always met in shambles before games but since Seville game it's become the meeting place for away fans on European nights against gladback they wouldn't let us in full of Germans now we meet in pic taven then upto the townly

Everyone around me in 117 were the same faces as every week. Did the rest of the ground not bother and we suddenly got 40,000 casual fans ?

I'm not taking the piss I don't know the reason either I'd guess that 90% of the regular crowd were in the stadium.

i think a large proportion of people that went to that game weren't season ticket holders. i went with 6 others and none of us were season ticket holders then, but most used to go to maine road. even queuing up beforehand to get tickets talking to most people they weren't ticket holders. large groups of lads/locals and lots of people who used to go maine road went to that match. we have lots of fans like that, that only go to cheaper ticket games. if we adopted a german model those faces would come back.

there is no way the crowd was 90 % regular crowd imo.

It's telling that we all still hold the Hamburg game in such high regard and it was a quarter final of the UEFA Cup. Last year we were in a semi-final of the Champions League vs Real Madrid and even though the atmosphere was alright, being underdogs you would expect it to have been just as good.

Also don't forget we hadn't won anything for donkey's year when we played that match so the hunger to actually win a trophy was huge.

I know I did think that may be a step too far, especially in this PC time and it wouldn't be legal, but I just think it needs to be a bit of a rough and ready place to generate the atmosphere and I wouldn't want people having to worry about swearing, jumping about, shoving etcetera.

It's not PC mate. It's sexist. Haha.

@gxblue is either on the windup about Hamburg or they simply weren't there. People wouldn't remember it if it were akin to a home match against Charlton or Norwich. Hamburg was so special for all the reasons given so far.
Middlesbrough l/cup semi second leg 1976 1-0 down after 1st leg won 4-0 on a par with the 5-1

Again it goes back to what's going on on the pitch. We were up for it against Hamburg and the team followed suit. We were up for it against RM, but then the team came out all toothless and uninterested.

This, totally. I remember pretty much the whole ground applauded the players off the pitch vs. Hamburg despite being knocked out - they gave it 100%.

Hopefully if we score against Spurs the Poznan gets going! Or before the game and get the team pumped before the whistle has been blown!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.