May and the missile

Happens all the time; I was on the Brazen when the nuclear depth charge fell off the helicopter, bounced along the flight deck. (hows that for a blackcat @Tanzeylee lol)

Used to sleep about 30ft above the nuclear depth charges that any good lol and know of a few live sea darts bouncing around focsles (second hand dits tho)

Used to sleep about 30ft above the nuclear depth charges that any good lol and know of a few live sea darts bouncing around focsles (second hand dits tho)
Was at the autec range as well when we got hit by a yank test torpedo; I was closed up in the tiller flat with the club swinger. I heard both olympus gas turbines start running up, then the ship started judding like fuck as it went full speed, then heard over the tannoy "Stand by for collision aft; torpedo inbound" Never taken so many clips off a door so fast. It was a loud bang when it hit, it put a dint in the side which we went into Key West to get fixed - extra weeks leave. Winner.

I'm not trying to make any capital out of it.
There was a failure in the test and yet this was not disclosed before the vote on Trident renewal.
Without going into the bullshit it's a 'secrecy vs transparency' issue and given all the circumstances of this test I'm in favour of the latter.
I don't give a fcuk about the opposition in this matter.

And should we be asking people to break their security clearances and the national secrets act to satisfy the transparency of a non-event? Whether this was trident or not is irrelevant as the missile was not carrying a nuclear warhead, it was basically an empty, self propelled tin can.

The purpose of a test is to test capability, this one went wrong, they will now put it right. I'd rather have tests go wrong than perform no tests at all and only an idiot would assume a 100% success rate.

Nothing to see here.

All this openness and media reporting cost us lives in the Falklands. Where it's concerned with defence it's need to know - end of.

How many tests have there been?
This one was a failure, so are you suggesting there have been 99 successful tests prior to this?
No a lot more, there has been well over 150 tests with a failure rate "well under 1% since British submarines began carrying the missiles"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.