May and the missile

Since it's to be based again up here, which not many are happy with, this news is not reassuring. It's a total fucking waste of money.

The west and NATO have literally thousands of nukes. This is just a look at the size of our dick exercise. We're still important, can't afford it but fuck it let's have it anyway.

We have come up with a solution.

We have a referendum, the part if the country who want it the most can fucking park it off shore to their area.

That might take the edge off enthusiasm to have it.

One things for sure, it gets it to fuck away from us.
If Trident were taken away, you would kill off a lot of local industry and hundreds of jobs. Ain't going anywhere though

All this openness and media reporting cost us lives in the Falklands. Where it's concerned with defence it's need to know - end of.

Bollox. The media covering the Falklands conflict were the most regulated in history. Not one independent reporter was there and every word written was scrutinised and edited by the UK government. End of..

I think you'll find it's the English 'non working' class nowadays. Sat on their arses living on benefits in areas that used to have an industrial/manufacturing base. Ukip just tapping into populist resentment that we can either try to tackle, or take the easy way out by just labeling them rw/racist/thick.
Opposed to labeling them lazy wasters like you just did? It's daft stuff like this from the Mail and Express that's got us in this mess.

You may know better than me, but I've read a few books on the Falklands and it comes out a lot, whether it's right or not.

Thatcher wrote in her memoirs... “In the meantime trouble with the media continued. Many of the public (including me) did not like the attitude particularly of the BBC and I was very worried about it. They were sometimes reporting as if they were neutral between Britain & Argentina. At other times we felt strongly that they were assisting the enemy by open discussions with experts on the next likely steps in the campaign. This applied to ITV as much as to BBC. This of course was the first conflict we had fought without censorship. The media and the Government took totally different views. My concern was always the safety of our forces. Theirs was news.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.