Are City listening?

When we played the hammers a few weeks ago they had loads of pre poured pints but I guess its difficult to stock more than 50 pre poured pints!

I know things like the turnstiles are harder to sort - however the bar service truly is terrible. I can't understand why no-one has thought the pre pour a couple hundred pints from the 40th minute onwards. Just have 2/300 behind the bar. They must know how many they sell EVERY game. Just pre-pour the minimum number we've ever sold at half time and then if there is more it wont take as long. There wouldn't even be any wastage!

Have one person constantly pouring pints and stacking them - then have another person taking money and handing them over. Why is that so difficult?

Problem with this is, and I've witnessed it, is that people want and prefer a fresh pint. Then still complained that it took too long to get served!

Problem with this is, and I've witnessed it, is that people want and prefer a fresh pint. Then still complained that it took too long to get served!
I never understand that logic - you want a fresh pint, then take 15/20 minutes to drink it? What difference does 5 minutes make? Also, you'd probably get 1 in 20/30 people who'd do that, you'd still save a lot of time, surely!

Another issue is that it costs the same amount for a small bottle of Fosters at the food kiosk, which is the same as a pint of fosters at the beer kiosks - why?

I can never be arsed at HT, if I'm in early enough I'll have one pre-game sometimes.

A complete dry halftime by the whole crowd would kick them into action, that or get Sorano in the crowd at one of the bars in the SS.

Neither of these things will ever happen and it'll remain shite.

Great business idea for someone. A machine (about 10 of them in a row) where you put in your money, it gives you some change and it then dispenses a pint of beer into a plastic glass...

Beer only queues too maybe?

Carts all over with beer machines on them? Pie carts too?

If City are listening my CV is available.

There are multiple solutions to solve this issue, including the pre-pour. We've done concerts for 30,000 people with 1 bar with queues on average of 2-3 minutes max. I'd be happy to advise the caterers for free for the sake of the fans but as you said they'll not be listening. It amazes me that the club can listen to Pep wanting the stadium filled and for fans to stay to the end and do not address one obvious problem which causes empty seats due to bar queuing at half time and early leavers due to no after service. Provide an appropriate after service and it will reduce the rush to leave and stagger the chase for transport. Just my thoughts

There are multiple solutions to solve this issue, including the pre-pour. We've done concerts for 30,000 people with 1 bar with queues on average of 2-3 minutes max. I'd be happy to advise the caterers for free for the sake of the fans but as you said they'll not be listening. It amazes me that the club can listen to Pep wanting the stadium filled and for fans to stay to the end and do not address one obvious problem which causes empty seats due to bar queuing at half time and early leavers due to no after service. Provide an appropriate after service and it will reduce the rush to leave and stagger the chase for transport. Just my thoughts

That's a very good point actually regarding serving after the game. I think you're right, it would help encourage people to stay until full time and stop the mad dash.

There's been quite a few practical solutions in this thread, but for whatever reason I'm not sure the club are interested.

I always thought that the catering company kept the revenue but paid us for the concession.
Yep.
That's why the club don't care. They get the money from the concession holder and we get Jack Schidt.

You'd think the concession holder would want to make more money, but clearly not. Perhaps it's a mechanism for writing off large amounts of the concession holder's tax liability? It's the only possible reason for the woeful service as far as I can see.

That's a very good point actually regarding serving after the game. I think you're right, it would help encourage people to stay until full time and stop the mad dash.

There's been quite a few practical solutions in this thread, but for whatever reason I'm not sure the club are interested.

It's a real shame Ric. I've been in the events/entertainment industry for over 20 years and created, produced and utilised every innovative concept to reduce queuing whilst producing facilities to enhance attendee enjoyment and VFM. Much of it at green field sites where we didn't have the luxury of a ready made building or bars. I think the Club showing interest in reducing this solvable issue would go a long way in saying, especially to life long fans, that they do still care. It would also increase the revenue for the Club so it's a no brainier in my mind. As I said I would offer them my time, FOC, to at least visit, engage and consult with the view to creating a recommendation paper which they could either utilise all, some or none at all. What would they have to lose? Crazy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.