The more I see David Silva play the more I worry.

It depends how you define it, I guess. Keeping possession in tight areas, yes. Killer passes, yes. But ability to control a ball fired at you at speed? KDB wins that one - he's unreal. Ability to shoot / take free kicks? 1 out 10.
His passing ability & vision which obviously go hand in hand are up there with the best. Never seen a player get the weight of passing so perfect so many times.

His passing ability & vision which obviously go hand in hand are up there with the best. Never seen a player get the weight of passing so perfect so many times.

Yes, I agree. But for me, the two things that really impress me the most are (1) he's always in space - he just glides around and finds space all over the pitch, so he's always available to receive the ball. (2) He has an uncanny ability to know where the opponents are around him, so he can always turn the right way, or inject a bit of speed or whatever he does so he keeps the ball and they can't get it off him. He's a bloody genius, he really is. It's majestic.

I am dreading the day he finishes with us. I hope he stays with us until he retires. Magic Dave IS a city Legend. For a little guy, he glides around the pitch and is difficult to get the ball off.

Always thought Bernardo Silva would make an excellent replacement for the future , looking forward to seeing them both on the pitch together in a few weeks time .

We've had some absolutely brilliant players over the years but I think Silva tops the lot for me personally. The bloke is just a joy to watch, he gets kicked all over the place but he just gets up and comes back for more. His awareness, movement off the ball, touch and passing is as good as anyone in world football past or present.

There's just absolutely no chance of replacing him like for like and it would be disrespectful to think we ever could. Each player has their own strengths and weaknesses and I think and hope injuries permitting we have another superstar on our hands in Gundogan if we can get the lad fit.

It is not difficult to find player with his skill but very difficult to find any has the same football brain as him. He is the only reason I went to Moscow, to see him play by my eyes for once. It is such a joyful to watch him play.

The way Guardiola has reshaped the front 5 and made us realise that life without Kun is not only possible but possible with a flourish then this gives me great heart that Silva will be replaced adequately.

Great player mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.