Your favourite ever City away game?

Blackburn away for me. I was in the blackburn end near the corner flag next to the crappy 1 teir stand. Never in my life seen so many City fans (any other fans) in an away end. Spent the first half sat on my hands trying not to get overly excited, second half i just lost it and as soon as i realised i was surrounded by blues. What an incredible day.

Mrs Moon's first away game, we had half the ground, only City could come back from 0-2 without a keeper, miss a pen, get 3-2 up and then gift an equaliser.

I'd taken a camera to the game and would have had some great shots of the inflateables but the chemists lost them, must have been some rag developing them and thought fuck it.
Don't worry, looks like Josh was there that day.

Sunderland away midweek in the 88/89 promotion season, must have been a similar time to the Walsall away game mentioned on the last few pages. A great 4-2 win which put us on target for the title, we had Chelsea at home shortly after but got beat and they ran away with it. Trapped in Roker Park after the game bouncing to 10 men went to mow, went to mow a Chelsea. I think there was even a rare goal for Nabber that night.

Rags 1-3 1967/68, spurs same season, Newcastle 3-4 one of the the best. Leicester 0-1 cup Nelly all maroon strip, climbed over the wall for that one. West Brom final, got a job clearing straw off the pitch for free entry. Gillingham anyone, my lad saying can we go ? No ,you're a City fan, learn to suffer. Still rags in semi tops the lot for me.

The first 3 for me with Newcastle for what it really meant. 3.1 at the swamp, we were seriously good

Not necessarily a favorite but an interesting one, Wolves away 1975, we hadn't won away for that long comedians were doing jokes about it, won 4-0, absolute mayhem on the old South Bank at Molineux which was huge (24k?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.