£££££££

its a open checkbook for me we need 7 or 8 world class players cover to add to the spuad but the dead wood needs clearning out first and if we have to take a big lost then so be it

cover for both centerbacks
cover for midfield in yaya and barry
cover for a top goalkeeper it keeps me awake thinking about joe hart getting a ban or something else

the thing is what we have in quality cover is a joke and alot of players sitting on the bench are just not up to it in a champions league team

so a big spend in the summer please

ancoats said:
its a open checkbook for me we need 7 or 8 world class players cover to add to the spuad but the dead wood needs clearning out first and if we have to take a big lost then so be it

cover for a top goalkeeper it keeps me awake thinking about joe hart getting a ban or something else

the thing is what we have in quality cover is a joke and alot of players sitting on the bench are just not up to it in a champions league team

Problem with this is you won't get 7/8 world class players happy to be cover.

To be honest Lescott and Barry are the people we need on the Bench. We need a top centre half, midfielder and possibly 2 forwards if Tevez and balotelli go.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
ancoats said:

To be honest Lescott and Barry are the people we need on the Bench. We need a top centre half, midfielder and possibly 2 forwards if Tevez and balotelli go.

Lescott has possibly been player of the season for us and Barry has had a good season.

ancoats said:

Exactly. Also Pantilimon is probably around the same stantard as most back up goalies. You aint going to get a top class goalie to sit on the bench.

I think we need a better "passer" in the deep lying midfield area. Yaya is a ball carrier and has respectable passing range. De jong is a holding player with a repectable passing range for a player of his type. Barry the same.

We need one of our deep lying playing to have a very good range of passing. Somebody like an Alonso(preferablely younger of course) in the team.

Also bale,Hazzard please and a top class CB.

-------------------Hart------------------------
Richard-----Kompany----New CB-------Zabaleta
-----------Yaya--------New "passer"-----------
-----------------Silva------------------------
Hazzard-----------Augero-------------Bale

marco said:
how much can we spend during the summer to stay inline with the financial regs i know we could raise a few bob by selling but without selling what can we spend

In theory fook all because our wage bill is so huge - however from what i understand the initial implmentation of FFFP means that clubs will not be hammered if they dont meet the guidlines BUT they must show a positive trend - so as a minimum City must show that we are reducing our losses which we should be able to do - by how much i dont know.

The big issue is that it depends how arsey Fifa are going to be over our sponsorship deal and i think what will dictate this is how much shit that other clubs formerly the G14 kick up - what makes me nervous is i can until the Ethiad Campus is up and running in these times of austerity how many commercial companies would provide such a significant sponsorship for something that dont exist - anyway thats another argument.

Suspect that we will spend whatever we sell so circa 80 Million maybe more think there will also be alot more than we expect, AJ, DJ or Barry, Dzeko, Tevez, Ballo, Kolorov, K Toure and maybe Ballo - the real problem is for City to get these players sold instead of cheap loans and they we have Ade, Crocky, Weiss, Bridge etc on top of this.

Next season will be harder than this season - Mancini and the team blew it big time this season and it aint going to get any easier next and the further we get in to FFFP the harder is become as middle ranking teams ehom dont have any real expectations of qualifying for the CL dont have to worry about the FFP maintain their strength whislt CL teams without large stadia get weaker - Chelsea and Spurs and unless City get a bigger stadia or start producing out own players then the future will be dominated by Le Arse and Rags its that simple which is exactly what FIFA want to happen

Josh Blue said:
ancoats said:

Lescott has possibly been player of the season for us and Barry has had a good season.

2nd that

you can get world class players that will come and make your spuad better nobody should have his name on the team sheet unless they are world class and we only have a 5 players in that team joe hart silva kompany yaya and kun the rest are quality players and you need them aswell

but they are the cover if we get 7 world class players in
barry milner lescott richards zabba kolo johnson

dctid said:
marco said:
how much can we spend during the summer to stay inline with the financial regs i know we could raise a few bob by selling but without selling what can we spend

In theory fook all because our wage bill is so huge - however from what i understand the initial implmentation of FFFP means that clubs will not be hammered if they dont meet the guidlines BUT they must show a positive trend - so as a minimum City must show that we are reducing our losses which we should be able to do - by how much i dont know.

The big issue is that it depends how arsey Fifa are going to be over our sponsorship deal and i think what will dictate this is how much shit that other clubs formerly the G14 kick up - what makes me nervous is i can until the Ethiad Campus is up and running in these times of austerity how many commercial companies would provide such a significant sponsorship for something that dont exist - anyway thats another argument.

Suspect that we will spend whatever we sell so circa 80 Million maybe more think there will also be alot more than we expect, AJ, DJ or Barry, Dzeko, Tevez, Ballo, Kolorov, K Toure and maybe Ballo - the real problem is for City to get these players sold instead of cheap loans and they we have Ade, Crocky, Weiss, Bridge etc on top of this.

Next season will be harder than this season - Mancini and the team blew it big time this season and it aint going to get any easier next and the further we get in to FFFP the harder is become as middle ranking teams ehom dont have any real expectations of qualifying for the CL dont have to worry about the FFP maintain their strength whislt CL teams without large stadia get weaker - Chelsea and Spurs and unless City get a bigger stadia or start producing out own players then the future will be dominated by Le Arse and Rags its that simple which is exactly what FIFA want to happen

I thought if a player was transfer listed we could discount that players wages from the costs. Or was it more quantified than player simply being transfer listed in that they needed to be under/over a certain age/ time left on contract?

metalblue said:
dctid said:
marco said:

I thought if a player was transfer listed we could discount that players wages from the costs. Or was it more quantified than player simply being transfer listed in that they needed to be under/over a certain age/ time left on contract?

Maybe so but we need to sell players to collect rransfer fees to buy players - also our last account were something like £180 Million in the red and that did not include Silva and Aguero (i think)

We have to see its not just getting the players wages off the books it also the need to raise transfer funds

If we transfer listed Tevez and his wages were not included in the FFP we would still have to find xx Million from somewhere to buy players and that can ony come from the owners and that means our debt would increase.

There is going to be a fairly big change to the first team this season i am pretty convinced.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/manchester-city-transfers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier ... sfers.html</a>

looking at the website (link above) i am alarmed. Our owners are business men first and foremost and looking athe money we have spent I just wonder how ong it will continue. If we are resigned to losing Balotelli and Tevez we straight away need to spend big money on their replacements. Also getting rid of Ade, AJ, Bridge, RSC will not be easy as their wwages will be a stunbling block for most and loaning them out maybe the only way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.