£££££££

Seems like alot of people on this thread think that it's a formality that many players will be shipped out for mega bucks, eventhough we still haven't flogged last seasons dangleberries. The problem is that the only clubs with the spending power to meet our demands are also hampered by FFPR. I think we will end up with aload more loan deals which doesn't really give us the revenue return we require to purchase new personnel. It's too messy, I think the easier option is to crack the whip and get performances out of Mario, Dzeko and even Tevez, coz I don't think that many clubs are queueing up to offer 25m for any of them.

whyalwaysLee said:
Seems like alot of people on this thread think that it's a formality that many players will be shipped out for mega bucks, eventhough we still haven't flogged last seasons dangleberries. The problem is that the only clubs with the spending power to meet our demands are also hampered by FFPR. I think we will end up with aload more loan deals which doesn't really give us the revenue return we require to purchase new personnel. It's too messy, I think the easier option is to crack the whip and get performances out of Mario, Dzeko and even Tevez, coz I don't think that many clubs are queueing up to offer 25m for any of them.

I have to agree with you on Tevez. Who is going to match our wages for this guy? Who would give him a contract knowing he could leave for a golfing holiday for a few months?

As for the rest wages as per usual will still be a big problem.

With Malaga moving into 3rd in La Liga and pushing for Champions League football, we can hope they come in for some of our players as they have the money and still need a lot more quality to have any prayer of ever competing with Barca and Real.

The problem we have is that no-one is going to pay anywhere near what we paid for some of these players...never mind the wages.

Surely Dzeko, Balo, etc, have all depreciated in value.

LoveCity said:
With Malaga moving into 3rd in La Liga and pushing for Champions League football, we can hope they come in for some of our players as they have the money and still need a lot more quality to have any prayer of ever competing with Barca and Real.
....or they could outbid us for our targets....

Lord BLue said:
LoveCity said:

I doubt it as they do not splash out enormous transfer fees and they are still low profile compared to us and more in a stage like we were in 2008 where they struggle to attract the very best talents. ie. someone like Hazard wouldn't even consider them I don't think whereas he would us. If you look at their team the biggest names are a near retirement with the biggest exception being Santi Cazorla who is good enough to play for a top side anywhere. So I think the likes of Adebayor, Kolo Toure, maybe even Savic type players are their next upgrade.

I think the key is not having too many "superstars" in the squad. We need good quality players that are hungry, won't cost us loads and realise they have to work to get in the team. If we get too many high end players, i'm pretty sure it won't work

Players in the same bracket as Sessegnon, Dempsey, Ben Arfa and Redmond at Birmingham. This would give the squad quality and ensure the players are kept on their toes, if Kompany is in bad form he knows Savic won't replace him!

LoveCity said:
Lord BLue said:
LoveCity said:

I doubt it as they do not splash out enormous transfer fees and they are still low profile compared to us and more in a stage like we were in 2008 where they struggle to attract the very best talents. ie. someone like Hazard wouldn't even consider them I don't think whereas he would us. If you look at their team the biggest names are a near retirement with the biggest exception being Santi Cazorla who is good enough to play for a top side anywhere. So I think the likes of Adebayor, Kolo Toure, maybe even Savic type players are their next upgrade.

Malage are more hampered than us - the stitch up of the TV rights in Spain between Barca and Real mean that their income is severely restricted

It's always easer to sell and buy. The "real manager" would gel the team not just keep buying players. What if all of your/Mancini wishes fail in PL. What then? Will we buy another set of players every year?

FFS we have a great team, and we already proved that to everyone. Just watch the first half of the season. I'm really pissed off when people start to dismiss our players after one game, not to speak about a whole season.

If Mancini fails next year again, it's a sign that we need a manager not the players. As someone said, there are managers that would do miracles with this team.

Zmajuga said:
It's always easer to sell and buy. The "real manager" would gel the team not just keep buying players. What if all of your/Mancini wishes fail in PL. What then? Will we buy another set of players every year?

FFS we have a great team, and we already proved that to everyone. Just watch the first half of the season. I'm really pissed off when people start to dismiss our players after one game, not to speak about a whole season.

If Mancini fails next year again, it's a sign that we need a manager not the players. As someone said, there are managers that would do miracles with this team.

Have to agree - i think that there are a few players that could improve us - personally i would like to see a decent midfieled player whom has the same work rate as say DJ or Barry but with a significant better range of passing ability and secondly i owuld like to see a replacement for Dzeko - really really rate Dempsey and he will be up this summer

Been slated for saying this but Mancini has to take the blame and i dont think he has the ability to sort it out - he appears to have lost the squad and our performances reflect this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.