£1 an hour

supercity36 said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
I've applied to be Dave Cameron's personal photographer. That isn't a waste of taxpayers money.

Lots of piggies in this thread.

If they stop you signing on then you have no choice but to take what you need. Fuck it. Stay strong humans.

no problem with people taking what they need while actively searching for all jobs they could possibly do. people who take benefits who have no intention of working and think they are owed a living are whats my gripe. no idea which category you fit in

I wouldn't get into it mate, there's certain people on here who will pick you apart for having the nerve to talk sense. What the fuck "piggies" has to do with anything I don't know. People like to feel oppressed and hard done to.

Blaming the foreigner is a cop out, something to fall back on and declare thats where the real problem is, when in actual fact the real problem is that there are far too many lazy gets out there.

supercity36 said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
I've applied to be Dave Cameron's personal photographer. That isn't a waste of taxpayers money.

Lots of piggies in this thread.

If they stop you signing on then you have no choice but to take what you need. Fuck it. Stay strong humans.

no problem with people taking what they need while actively searching for all jobs they could possibly do. people who take benefits who have no intention of working and think they are owed a living are whats my gripe. no idea which category you fit in

I fit in the category of guy who was genuinely looking for work but was forced to leave JSA after 3 weeks due to refusing to attend a course which would last 6 hours and teach me how to fill in a form and set up an email address. I can do both to a very high standard and have numerous academic qualifications to prove it.

Now, this left me in a situation of being unemployed and not in receipt of any benefit, despite having been a taxpayer for the majority of my adult life.

Still, so long as 1 cheat gets caught who cares if 10,000 normal families are forced into crime or living in cardboard boxes?

TheMightyQuinn said:
supercity36 said:

I fit in the category of guy who was genuinely looking for work but was forced to leave JSA after 3 weeks due to refusing to attend a course which would last 6 hours and teach me how to fill in a form and set up an email address. I can do both to a very high standard and have numerous academic qualifications to prove it.

Now, this left me in a situation of being unemployed and not in receipt of any benefit, despite having been a taxpayer for the majority of my adult life.

Still, so long as 1 cheat gets caught who cares if 10,000 normal families are forced into crime or living in cardboard boxes?

Who are blaming for that? Your choice, 6 hour course or lose benefits....

TheMightyQuinn said:

So you threw your benefits (that you were entitled to) away because you couldn't swallow your pride for 6 hours? Not everybody can fill forms out and use computers, which is why the job centre run these courses, they don't cherry pick to see who can or who can't, unfortuantley they just send everybody.

For me the 6 hour course and being in receipt of state benefits would of won the decision over life in a box and a life of crime, not much to ask is it

adamgregory said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

So you threw your benefits (that you were entitled to) away because you couldn't swallow your pride for 6 hours? Not everybody can fill forms out and use computers, which is why the job centre run these courses, they don't cherry pick to see who can or who can't, unfortuantley they just send everybody.

For me the 6 hour course and being in receipt of state benefits would of won the decision over life in a box and a life of crime, not much to ask is it

I appreciate that some people need more help than others and it's a nice service to have available. However, my attendance would have been a waste of time and money for not only myself but also the other attendees and the supervisors etc.

There's numerous documents I could produce which would prove my ability to both read and write to a reasonable standard. I chose not to attend as it was a waste of bus fare, bearing in mind at this point I had yet to receive any benefits, and I had better things to do such as looking for a job.

The whole ethos is pretty much along the lines of chemically castrating all men just to stop the 1% who like to rape from indulging themselves.

I've no doubt that benefit cheats are a minor problem in this country but I don't see why the majority should be treated like criminals in order to try to ensnare the small minority who abuse the system.

I was an am f**kin furious about this....

Any work that is done should be paid for by the benefactor of that work, I accept people should not have the right to decline the work and then benefits (jobseekers allowance) should stop. BUT any work that is done should be paid at minimum wage.

It is unbelieveably pathetic.... I am ready to f**k off and leave this country,it really is going to the dogs.

TheMightyQuinn said:
adamgregory said:

I appreciate that some people need more help than others and it's a nice service to have available. However, my attendance would have been a waste of time and money for not only myself but also the other attendees and the supervisors etc.

There's numerous documents I could produce which would prove my ability to both read and write to a reasonable standard. I chose not to attend as it was a waste of bus fare, bearing in mind at this point I had yet to receive any benefits, and I had better things to do such as looking for a job.

The whole ethos is pretty much along the lines of chemically castrating all men just to stop the 1% who like to rape from indulging themselves.

I've no doubt that benefit cheats are a minor problem in this country but I don't see why the majority should be treated like criminals in order to try to ensnare the small minority who abuse the system.

Benefits have long since been used as a way of life or a career instead of the safety net that it is meant to be. As depressing as it is, it's about towing the line with them doing what you have got to do to come through the other side and back to work.

Your anger should be aimed at the claimants of millions of £'s worth of benefits they are not entitled to, they are the problem not the state.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:10 pm --<br /><br />
scorer said:

Any work that is done should be paid for by the benefactor of that work, I accept people should not have the right to decline the work and then benefits (jobseekers allowance) should stop. BUT any work that is done should be paid at minimum wage.

It is unbelieveably pathetic.... I am ready to f**k off and leave this country,it really is going to the dogs.

Another beleiver in the hype. Dont just read the headlines, actually think about it. Claimants will be made to do 4 weeks of work, this does not equate to £1 an hour, its just over £6 I think.

Still, so long as 1 cheat gets caught who cares if 10,000 normal families are forced into crime or living in cardboard boxes?[/quote]
i think you will find the dark side of this is the agency that provides the 'education' to fill in forms is dependent on quotas being met,like traffic wardens,though obviously strenuously denied (how dare you suggest such a thing). A similar scam sorry scheme exists with the young offenders rehab industry,and no doubt many others.The pathfinder was thatcher's YTS,pay firms for free labour,roaring success that it was,bit the dust when the industrial accident figures soared.Brilliant scheme though,sack all the trouble making adults ,replace them with an endless supply of cannon-fodder.And get paid for it.

scorer said:

Go on then, leave the country, where do you plan on going? I think you'll find you have it pretty easy in England.

TheMightyQuinn said:

Strange that, I went down to get JSA today and saw this course advertised. I read tke literature and it said it was only available to people who did not have 2 gcses or some low level NVQ.

I asked the lady what are you going to do for me for training, she said nothing... it was as much as I could do to make the chat last 7 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.