£1 an hour

kinkysleftfoot said:
pee dubya said:
I'm unemployed at the moment, and would have no problem with working for the JSA i get, although i'd say 30 hours is perhaps a bit steep, i think 20-25 would be a bit fairer, do 4 or 5 hours each morning so you have the afternoon to actually look for a proper job and the evening to relax a bit.

I haven't read these proposals, would they allow for someone to find their own voluntary work instead? Provided they do the requisite number of hours.

30 hours a week leaves 10 hours a week to search.......and I would also use my 'relaxing' time to look for a job so plenty of time!
It's a bit tough to phone most potential employers in the evening though isn't it?

if they tell me to do this i will refuse, i am constantly looking for work and the only work i can get is agency work which only really lasts a couples weeks at a time some times even less.

i know you get some people on benifits who dont bother looking for work and dont plan on doing it either, but why should they punish people like me self who actually want to work.

kinkysleftfoot said:
pee dubya said:
It's a bit tough to phone most potential employers in the evening though isn't it?

that's what the 10 hours are for....evening I would be mailing
Right.

But, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of of the whole initiative really? Why make trying to find a job as hard as possible? Does the 1 hour extra a day really benefit anyone at all? What point would that 1 extra hour actually serve other than to be inconvenient?

Most people's days have a natural split, morning - afternoon - evening. Having manual work which goes through the morning and then takes up part of the afternoon just seems counter-productive. I mean think about it, you stop at 3, get home between 3-4, would people really want to then immediately start job searching? No, they'd want a shower, food, half an hours rest etc, before you know it, unless you're talking about super-disciplined workaholics, the afternoon will basically be over by the time people get around to doing any job searching.

The whole motivation of the initiative is not because the work particularly needs done surely? So who does an extra hour actually benefit?

Glazers_Wallet said:
if they tell me to do this i will refuse, i am constantly looking for work and the only work i can get is agency work which only really lasts a couples weeks at a time some times even less.

i know you get some people on benifits who dont bother looking for work and dont plan on doing it either, but why should they punish people like me self who actually want to work.

to be honest I don't see it as a punishment...more about giving some one the chance of self respect, to work for what you get.

kinkysleftfoot said:
Glazers_Wallet said:

to be honest I don't see it as a punishment...more about giving some one the chance of self respect, to work for what you get.

theres no self respect working for £1 an hour, when there is immigrants coming into this country and working for £6. joke country.

Glazers_Wallet said:
theres no self respect working for £1 an hour, when there is immigrants coming into this country and working for £6. joke country.

Is it any wonder why foreign nationals get jobs? They are willing to work and graft when they get to work. Todays lazy jeremy kyle mob don't want to work, do all they can to avoid work and do bugger all when they actually get a job then end up back on benefits in a matter of months.

I'd employ a polish bloke over an English lad who probably wears his cap at a jointy angle and says "eee rrrr mate"

adamgregory said:
Glazers_Wallet said:

Is it any wonder why foreign nationals get jobs? They are willing to work and graft when they get to work. Todays lazy jeremy kyle mob don't want to work, do all they can to avoid work and do bugger all when they actually get a job then end up back on benefits in a matter of months.

I'd employ a polish bloke over an English lad who probably wears his cap at a jointy angle and says "eee rrrr mate"

You're a wanker then.

Challenger1978 said:
adamgregory said:

You're a wanker then.

How does wanting the best productivity out of my hypothetical workforce make me a wanker you twat?

Glazers_Wallet said:
kinkysleftfoot said:

Well isn't that the point? Take the £6 an hour and get off the benefit system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.