£100m more spending and the World will be Ours

Vidic is one of the best CB's around and would certainly improve our team. But he's 29 and although money is no object to us, he wouldn't represent good value at this stage based on what United would want for him (and we know how much Bobby and the owners like getting "good value").

Personally, I'd be looking for the next Vidic - find the best 21-24 year old CB in Europe and snapping him up before someone else does.

As for Modric, good player but for me he's not in the same league as Silva. Think he's massively overrated by some.

Astuteboy said:
Vidic is one of the best CB's around and would certainly improve our team. But he's 29 and although money is no object to us, he wouldn't represent good value at this stage based on what United would want for him (and we know how much Bobby and the owners like getting "good value").

Personally, I'd be looking for the next Vidic - find the best 21-24 year old CB in Europe and snapping him up before someone else does.

As for Modric, good player but for me he's not in the same league as Silva. Think he's massively overrated by some.
I agree with your comment, Subotic is being hailed as the new Vidic.

Just for the rcord and all those talking so much shite previously, I'm not suggesting £40m-£60m is good value for money for these two players, I never suggested Modric was as good as Silva, though I do think he's a close second as far as fitting the bill for an injured Silva, United are a selling Club, so don't even dream of suggesting if we want one of there assets enough, we won't buy him, because we will, Fergie will Cry, the Glazers will rub their hands and he will sign for us, end of. Anyone suggesting the fact that someone is idolised at OT will somehow stand in our way, or that we shouldn't maybe even consider it on moral grounds, need only look at Tevez, it would also be the double edged sword scenario, also weakening severely two major competetors squads.

Not saying it might happen, just think the result would be as per the thread title and is worthy of consideration as a possibilty.

Lordeffingham said:
Just for the rcord and all those talking so much shite previously, I'm not suggesting £40m-£60m is good value for money for these two players, I never suggested Modric was as good as Silva, though I do think he's a close second as far as fitting the bill for an injured Silva, United are a selling Club, so don't even dream of suggesting if we want one of there assets enough, we won't buy him, because we will, Fergie will Cry, the Glazers will rub their hands and he will sign for us, end of. Anyone suggesting the fact that someone is idolised at OT will somehow stand in our way, or that we shouldn't maybe even consider it on moral grounds, need only look at Tevez, it would also be the double edged sword scenario, also weakening severely two major competetors squads.

Not saying it might happen, just think the result would be as per the thread title and is worthy of consideration as a possibilty.

Yes Vidic & Modric departures will weaken their clubs.

On the other hand, acquiring Vidic will not strengthen our squad because of his suspect ground game, which I outllined earlier, which will be a liability to City!

In that case outlaying £50m-£60m for Vidic (thats what City, not others, has to pay) will that be wise?
Furthermore I suspect the public will be wise to this 'con' perpetrated by MU and a backlash is forthcoming IMO.
The tide has turn with Rafael ( & hopefully Rooney & Vidic sooner or later) dissing the referees, being punished as an example.
Or am I too sanguine?
Does Lescott situation mirrors that of Vidic?
Now Tevez is different! They wanted to resign him! Furthermore he is a bigger asset to City!

What did Everton do with Lescott's fund?
Did they have an adequate & economical replacement in Distin?

I remember when Modric signed for Tottenham he was quoted as being suprised as he thought he was coming to us, and had spoke to his mate Corluka about joining us... we missed out there!
As for Vidic... no thanks.

The OP has given us a platform to discuss about Vidic & his 'cheating' ways.

Suppose he was a City player. Do you think he will escape being booked by the referees & the linesmen for his shirt tugging or rugby tackling ways?

And if Mike Dean or the linesman had the bottle to booked/flagged him for the violation would you still think Vidic would be lauded for his heroics?

He will be the scapegoat for MU's loss for sure and be called a CHEAT by every pundit. Oh he is just being LUCKY!

Go figure.

Absolutely no chance of Vidic considering he plays for United and he's an absolutely fantastic centre-half what ever people want to say. The Premiership's best for sure.

I'd love to see you fuck Spurs over though and take Modric and Bale. Even if they wouldn't get in your team, just to weaken them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.