£100m more spending and the World will be Ours

before the wolves game had we not conceded the least goals in the league ? if we are still the lowest conceders, then the defence is not a problem at all atm

dref619 said:
before the wolves game had we not conceded the least goals in the league ? if we are still the lowest conceders, then the defence is not a problem at all atm

Statistics are a wonderful thing. The way we are set up to play means we don't concede many goals but the problem with our defence is what it always has been.....lapses of concentration at important times of the game.

With all these loan deals our squad is actually now pretty thin and nowhere near the strongest in the league. We have a strong 16 but that's about it.

I worry about an injury crisis or burn out in what is going to be a crucial period

Project said:
With all these loan deals our squad is actually now pretty thin and nowhere near the strongest in the league. We have a strong 16 but that's about it.

I worry about an injury crisis or burn out in what is going to be a crucial period

Barry, De Jong, Vieira, Milner, Silva, Yaya, Kompany, Zab

8 players capable of playing in the 3 man midfield.

It's not that bad when you look into it in a bit more depth. This is where Bobby Manc likes his versatile players.

We could spend another 500m and people will still think we want another player or two! It's just the way it is!

All I'll say is look at Rags defensive record before Rio came back. Vidic and Rio are a great pairing but without each other they are just very good defenders.

Kompany is our rock we now need the clever pacey defender to play alongside him. Kolo was playing well at this roll but his performances have just dropped a little - Lescott is to similar to Kompany but not quite as good on the ground.

Modric is an excellent player and one of the main reasons Spuds have improved in the last 2 years (beside Bale).

100 Mill

Good CB - Luiz sound good but i haven't really seen much of him
Think we need a pacey RB
CM - If we could get Modric (Spuds miss out on CL) good signing or I still like Gourcuff. Cheaky bid for essien
If Tevez stays then we are Ok up front.

SamTheGuru said:
Project said:

Barry, De Jong, Vieira, Milner, Silva, Yaya, Kompany, Zab

8 players capable of playing in the 3 man midfield.

It's not that bad when you look into it in a bit more depth. This is where Bobby Manc likes his versatile players.

"not bad" is not really where we should be aiming to be. Our forward line of Silva, Dzeko, Tevez, Balotelli and AJ is probably the strongest set of 5 players in the world.

Arsenal have:

Song
Fabregas
Wilshere
Ramsey
Denilson
Nasri

Significantly stronger than our options.

Not saying its a poor midfield, but it is a definite weak point and somewhere we should be striving to improve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.