£100m Toure, Lescott & Terry

Re: £100m Toure, Lescott & Terry

S.E.H said:
gillymcfc said:
Good possibility if we are trailing but not sure MH would start with that formation for any game.

Best we can hope for is 4-4-2

Yeah, which would make you think he might consider Toure as a full back, maybe on the left, or if Lescott can be persuaded to play at LB.

I am sure JT could persuade lescott its better for him to play LB when needed :-)

S.E.H said:
if i had to pick between onuoha, dunne and richards vs lescott, terry and toure, i'd pick the latter trio. 3 damn good to world class defenders in place of 3 very average defenders!!!

True but which trio are the better prospects? The first 3, besides Dunne obviously. And really you want to build a team for the future too, not just sign players who have probably 2 at most 3 years left at the top, like chelsea now. Maybe not this this year but next season they will need to make quite a few changes to their aging team. So i would say, go for Terry, and Lescott. Toure if either one fails, keep Richards he'll be playing Right Back, and keep Onuoha, because i think he is one for the future. If we only managed to get one of the 3, id be still happy with Onuoha at the back.

M.C.F.C.O.K said:
S.E.H said:
if i had to pick between onuoha, dunne and richards vs lescott, terry and toure, i'd pick the latter trio. 3 damn good to world class defenders in place of 3 very average defenders!!!

True but which trio are the better prospects? The first 3, besides Dunne obviously. And really you want to build a team for the future too, not just sign players who have probably 2 at most 3 years left at the top, like chelsea now. Maybe not this this year but next season they will need to make quite a few changes to their aging team. So i would say, go for Terry, and Lescott. Toure if either one fails, keep Richards he'll be playing Right Back, and keep Onuoha, because i think he is one for the future. If we only managed to get one of the 3, id be still happy with Onuoha at the back.
why couldnt we just keep buying the worlds best players every transfer window in the future? :D

Well you need 4 center backs in your team. Those 3+Onouha. Don't know where that leaves Dunnie though...

I would be happy with that but I have a feeling we might end up getting Toure and Lescott but loose Nedum. Thats leaves us with Dunne, Kompany and Ben haim as back up. We should just pay Everton the £30 million rather than £25 and nedum.

He worth way more than £5 million in this market. That full back from Sheff Utd went to spurs for £6 million he only has 40 games in the cmahpionship as experience. Nedum is 22 and has 100 games for us and 20+ for England under 21s. Hes going to be a top player one day be a msitake to let him go for nothing for a player that is only marginally better currently and has had injury problems.

Toure, Lescott, Nedum, Kompany thats a solid looking line up of central defenders. As good as Liverpool and Arsenal have at their disposal IMO....

I don't want to see Ned leave and if he did he has to be valued at 10 mill.
I would like to see Lescott come though.
I still don't believe that Terry will come and am not bothered if he doesn't.
Toure would be a fine signing imo.

sboroMCFC said:
Why is Ned still being linked with Everton when Hughes has come out and said that he's going nowhere!

moyes said lescott was going nowhere, chelsea say terry is going nowhere but were still linked with them both

Manchester City have agreed personal terms with Arsenal defender Kolo Toure in a deal worth £15m, while the Eastlands club also expect to sign Chelsea captain John Terry and Everton defender Joleon Lescott by the end of August.
Full story: Sunday Times

City's deal for Terry is edging closer with a £35m fee likely for the England captain.
Full story: Mail on Sunday

However, such a move would actually seem unlikely with Terry ready to commit to a new £150,000-a-week deal which would mean he will end his career with Chelsea. (Sunday Express)

West Ham will demand £15m for centre-back Matthew Upson, who is being chased by Tottenham, but if Manchester City fail to buy John Terry City boss Mark Hughes will make a move for Upson. (News of the World)

Another player who could be leaving Spurs is Scottish right-back Alan Hutton, who is a £7m target for Everton.
Full story: News of the World

From the BBC gossip page. The bits that effect us...

wrongun73 said:
S.E.H said:
exactly!
why do so many blues have this in-built agression towards anyone who dares to slightly critisize anyone who came through the academy?
i dread to think what will happen when we sign a better midfielder than stevie ireland!
samaritans calls will probably go up 60% in the manchester area.

i agree about the defenders toure lescott and terry would all improve us and make us better, but i disagree about the island coment another 3 years and he could potentially be a world class midfielder

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.