£100m Transfer Kitty in the Summer?

whyalwaysLee said:
LARF, oh yes, you've really taught me a lesson!

All the while glossing over the fact that appearances do not constitute a full game. i.e. MOST OF THOSE APPEARANCES WERE AS SUBSTITUTES!

Silva, Aguero, Yaya (including ACON) Kompany (banned/injured) and Richards would have taken part in the majority of those appearances, not the last ten minutes.

If you were to quantify actual playing time on the pitch, not appearences, it would tell you that Aguero, Silva et al played 95%. Compared to NDJ, Savic et al being involved for 25% of our games.

There is a huge difference, but as I twigged earlier, you're only here to score points for your Smugness wallchart.

I bet you run to the corner of your garden and perform a little Roger Milla shimmy after every post.
You mean because I show your posts up every time with the use of actual facts, as oppsed to pulling figures such as "95%" and "25%" out of thin air.

Yes, I do.

You still haven't commented on the fact that Utd's top players have played a similar amount to ours have you.

Just give up and head back to rag cafe flower.

SWP's back said:
whyalwaysLee said:
LARF, oh yes, you've really taught me a lesson!

All the while glossing over the fact that appearances do not constitute a full game. i.e. MOST OF THOSE APPEARANCES WERE AS SUBSTITUTES!

Silva, Aguero, Yaya (including ACON) Kompany (banned/injured) and Richards would have taken part in the majority of those appearances, not the last ten minutes.

If you were to quantify actual playing time on the pitch, not appearences, it would tell you that Aguero, Silva et al played 95%. Compared to NDJ, Savic et al being involved for 25% of our games.

There is a huge difference, but as I twigged earlier, you're only here to score points for your Smugness wallchart.

I bet you run to the corner of your garden and perform a little Roger Milla shimmy after every post.
You mean because I show your posts up every time with the use of actual facts, as oppsed to pulling figures such as "95%" and "25%" out of thin air.

Yes, I do.

You still haven't commented on the fact that Utd's top players have played a similar amount to ours have you.

Just give up and head back to rag cafe flower.

You're 'facts' are based on appearances registered on wikipedia, but there are no facts for actual playing time. Although it doesn't take a genius to work out that many of the players I highlighted were only used as subs and did not make many starts or play 90 mins. You know this anyway but just being snide.

Also, I know that Aguero, Silva, Kompany and Richards have not sat out many games in the stands while the squad puts a shift in. But I have witnessed from watching the rags in cup ties on TV this season Ferdinand, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Nani and Young sitting out matches whilst fully fit to play. Also, Evans and Jones have only been playing due to injuries to Vidic and Rafael, so that would only highlight the effectiveness of using the full squad and having players ready to step in when required.

If you buy a ferrari, and drive it to London and back everyday with your foot to the floor, then eventually it will break down due to the way it's being driven. And your next door neighbour who has a bmw, and also drives it to London everyday, but drives it properly and has regular services, topping up the water and oil. Who will have the most reliable car?

whyalwaysLee said:
If you buy a ferrari, and drive it to London and back everyday with your foot to the floor, then eventually it will break down due to the way it's being driven. And your next door neighbour who has a bmw, and also drives it to London everyday, but drives it properly and has regular services, topping up the water and oil. Who will have the most reliable car?
So how come we have had fewer injuries than the rags?

Keep them coming, this is great.

ps - It's not wiki, it's the BBC's site cheers.

pps- You think it's more tiring sitting on a bench than sitting in the stands? Hmmm OK.

I really think we should make the minimum of changes ... some people are behaving as if we have "failed" this season, but actually we're making progress all the time ... this time last season we were overjoyed at the thought that we might finish above Arsenal and grab 3rd place ... now just one season later, we're behaving as if 2nd (or possibly 1st) is a very poor effort.

We've also been unlucky with quite a few things ... expecially Kompany's injuries and suspension (and Balotelli's) at critical times. And the ridiculous number of sendings-off we've had.

And to be honest, even if we didn't improve much next season and finished with the same points we have this season, we'd probably still win the Premier League ... because United have been very lucky to amass as many points as they have this season, and unless they're going to spend £50m+ this Summer, they aren't going to be greatly better next (and Scholes, Giggs, Ferdinand will be another year older).

Every year we're getting a bit better and higher in the table ... so let's not get too carried away and make too many changes to squad. It'll be a shame if we end-up thinking of this season as a "bad" one and a "failure".

Blue Theatre said:
I really think we should make the minimum of changes ... some people are behaving as if we have "failed" this season, but actually we're making progress all the time ... this time last season we were overjoyed at the thought that we might finish above Arsenal and grab 3rd place ... now just one season later, we're behaving as if 2nd (or possibly 1st) is a very poor effort.

We've also been unlucky with quite a few things ... expecially Kompany's injuries and suspension (and Balotelli's) at critical times. And the ridiculous number of sendings-off we've had.

And to be honest, even if we didn't improve much next season and finished with the same points we have this season, we'd probably still win the Premier League ... because United have been very lucky to amass as many points as they have this season, and unless they're going to spend £50m+ this Summer, they aren't going to be greatly better next (and Scholes, Giggs, Ferdinand will be another year older).

Every year we're getting a bit better and higher in the table ... so let's not get too carried away and make too many changes to squad. It'll be a shame if we end-up thinking of this season as a "bad" one and a "failure".

Bit too sensible for here......some want 12 out 12 in. Like that sort of thing is going to get us anywhere. Fine tuning is all that's needed.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
If we signed Ronaldo then we would walk the league.

If we sold Tevez, Adebayor, Dzeko, Mario, Johnson, and De Jong, that might come close to covering Ronaldo's transfer fee. :D

I agree though, he is a monster and despite being annoying at times (like having to take every free kick when he misses nearly every one these days!) we'd be nearly a lock to win the league with him added.

LoveCity said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
If we signed Ronaldo then we would walk the league.

If we sold Tevez, Adebayor, Dzeko, Mario, Johnson, and De Jong, that might come close to covering Ronaldo's transfer fee. :D

I agree though, he is a monster and despite being annoying at times (like having to take every free kick when he misses nearly every one these days!) we'd be nearly a lock to win the league with him added.

His rag past bothers me not one bit but he is world class and has pace which we so miss on the flanks. He would be my number one signing.

robbieh said:
I think it is usefull to think of the team in terms of a back six and front four. In squad terms this would equate to 12 back six type players and 8 front four type players.

Backs

Zabba, Vincent, Kolo, Lescott, Micah, Clichy, Kolorav, Barry, Nigel de Jong, Yaya and Milner and Javi Martinez

Forwards

Silva, Nasri, Kun, Mario, Edin, Guidetti and Lavezzi and Hazard

So out go

AJ, Tevez, Ade, Bridge, RSC

Forgetting all about who stays and who goes, it sounds like everyone can agree we will sell in the 60-80 pound vicinity. I like the idea of adding some width, but only as a secondary option, a la AJ is now.

Micah-----------Vinnie-----------Joleon-----------Clichy
Zabba---------- Kolo------------Savic------------Kolarov

----------------Yaya-----------Gareth----------------------
---------------- Pizarro-------NDJ----------------------

Nasri--------------------------------------------Silva
AJ ----------------------------------------------Milner

----------------------Kun----------------------------------------
----------------------Super Mario---------------------------------
----------------------Dzeko--------------------------------
----------------------Tevez--------------------------------

Bolded players are those who have been rumored to leave. I've left out Balotelli, because unless Mancini goes, Super Mario will be going nowhere.

So I ask... in the example above, we buy more world class players and only lose bench players... where and when are our new world class players playing?

My real question is, if we bring in a winger, do we expect Nasri to just run as Silva's backup? If we bring in two, do we expect Nasri AND a world class winger to sit the bench?

If we bring in another holding player, it must be a backup for Yaya other than Pizarro, or if it's a starter, then the sold player must be NDJ or Gareth, as moving Gareth to Yaya's backup doesn't work because he isn't a box-box playmaker.

It doesn't make sense to sell Milner because he can play any of the Midfield spots, a la Zabba in the back. So to add two new wingers mean we need to be 5 deep in the width. Doesn't make sense, especially when Kun and Mario are more than able to step in there.

To add even one new wide player means AJ MUST go and see us bring in a different type of winger. Better be damn sure it's the right tactical move, because the kid can play and we would be moving Nasri to the bench.

As far as the forwards, this is the only spot I can see us spending on a starter. If we sold Tevez and Dzeko/Super Mario, we could have a new number 1 or number 2 without disrupting things too much, although remember that Dzeko has been unhappy at number 3, Guidetti will surely be at least a bit unhappy with number 4 and Super Mario has already settled in as Number 2...

In fact, the more I think of it, I don't want a new starter anywhere on the pitch unless it is specifically Lavezzi or the like, a starting winger who can also start as our third strike option when called upon, leaving Kun and Mario's spots theirs, as starters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.