£11M for McCormack

I suppose if he scores the goals that get Fulham back up to the cash cow that is the PL, then they'll say it's money well spent. But, to my mind, it's absolutely crazy money. He's a championship level striker at best. Leeds' creditors must be laughing all the way to the bank.

jimharri said:
I suppose if he scores the goals that get Fulham back up to the cash cow that is the PL, then they'll say it's money well spent. But, to my mind, it's absolutely crazy money. He's a championship level striker at best. Leeds' creditors must be laughing all the way to the bank.
Whereas Leeds fans will be crying all the way to league 1

pudge said:
jimharri said:
Whereas Leeds fans will be crying all the way to league 1
One can but pray!

jimharri said:
I think it could be like when we bought Lee Bradbury . Good at Portsmouth c*** at City . I don't think Fulham will come straight back up . They still need to sort that defence out . It was leaking like hell in the premier league .

baildon blue said:
jimharri said:
I think it could be like when we bought Lee Bradbury . Good at Portsmouth c*** at City . I don't think Fulham will come straight back up . They still need to sort that defence out . It was leaking like hell in the premier league .
Good point actually. It doesn't really matter how many goals McCormack may score for them if their defence plays like it did last season, albeit against (theoretically) weaker sides.

waspish said:
What's happened to FFP in the championship?

Parashoot payments for teams dropping out of the PL make a mockery out of any financial fair play in the championship

Fulham still have a decent squad so if they can get a striker who can score 20+ goals in that league that could potentially get them promoted. 11m could end up being worth hundreds of millions in the long run if they make premiership football

They still have Rodellega (sp) , Dejagah (sp) , Parker, Byran Ruis on their books unless they've been sold (someone will have to let me know that one) and that Greek chap I cannot spell. It's not a bad squad to have

According to some sites the £11M includes various add-ons; for example £4M is only paid if Fulham are promoted and some cash may be based on appearances. Leeds fans saying their owner is only talking £11M because it makes him look good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.